Man Down!!!!

• i am having a big problem i need to fix it. I changed the oil to day and i cleaned the engine with simple green. I had been driving around all day, and it was fine. then at lie 7 pm i was taking my bro to a date and just as we get their i get like no throttle and at idle it sounds like it is gonna stall on me. I make it thier and then i check everything and it all looks ok to me. I lip home and that is were it sits i am so confused and on the way home if i let the gas go at a light it would stall. I checked the vacuum hoses and they are all fine i really need to fix this i got to get to work this week can anyone tell me what to do or help me fix it?

bLaTaNt DiSrEgArD<br /><br /><br />TJ 98 4 banger gone but not fogotten<br />WJ 02 limited- Do all vehicle &quot;QUICK THROW A LOCKER AT IT!!!&quot;

• If you have a carb, check your carb linkages. Do you have a manual choke? Check to make sure it isn't stuck closed.

Check your fuel filter. Make sure you didn't knock any hoses loose when you were cleaning things. Did you get the distributer wet?

Member since 2000

Jeeps Owned'79 CJ5:

Specs-

- 258 I6

- '93 Cherokee fuel injection and HO head,

- bored 30 over

- with 4x4 cam

T18 tranny with granny low / Dana 18 t-case

Dana 44 front and back from late '70s Wagoneer, both locked and loaded with 4.88 gears

SOA on modified YJ springs with shackle reversa

Fiberglass tub with 6 point cage mounted to the frame

2015 Grand Cherokee Limited
    Spec-

Quadratec Floor mats

• Make sure the distributer is dry. When I drowned mine the one (and only) time. It would start if I had my foot on the gas, if I let off it would stall. Water in the disributer. Spray it with some WD-40 (water displacement).

If there is no check engine light, there will be no code if you try and run them.

-Chris

• can't read codes but the light was on i will try the distridutor it sounds like it is miss fireing at like 3 thousand and dies if the gas is let up on

bLaTaNt DiSrEgArD<br /><br /><br />TJ 98 4 banger gone but not fogotten<br />WJ 02 limited- Do all vehicle &quot;QUICK THROW A LOCKER AT IT!!!&quot;

• Try spraying WD40 in the distributor and wiping it dry. Also check that the spark plug wires are all firmly connected.

Member since 2000

Jeeps Owned'79 CJ5:

Specs-

- 258 I6

- '93 Cherokee fuel injection and HO head,

- bored 30 over

- with 4x4 cam

T18 tranny with granny low / Dana 18 t-case

Dana 44 front and back from late '70s Wagoneer, both locked and loaded with 4.88 gears

SOA on modified YJ springs with shackle reversa

Fiberglass tub with 6 point cage mounted to the frame

2015 Grand Cherokee Limited
    Spec-

Quadratec Floor mats

• Fuel injected right? MAP sensor. Has vacuum lines going to it. The sensor itself has a pin hole in it for air pressure comparison. Could have got some crap in there. Should be on the firewall. I think to read the code you can do something with the ignition. On-Off-On-Off-On and watch the check engine light flash. It will flash for the first number and pause 2-3 seconds and flash for second number.

• no go on the codes and the a$$ hole that put the distrubutor on last rounded out the spot for the screwdriver and it is on so tight that i can only get on off with the limited tools that i have here. it suck this is the worst b-day ever.

• well i got a new distributor on and it only took turtle like 2 hours to drill out the broken bolt from the old distributor. I am very greatful to him and glad that he was able to help me i would have been sol is not for him. bu the jeep still won't run so he thinks it is the crank sensor that has gone bad and i need to replace it. i am taking it to the dealer tomarrow, if i can get it thier, to get them to run the codes and to fix it.

• how hard is it to change out, i think i might let the dealership do it, dad offered to pay to so it is free to me soo, hard to pass up. thanks though.

• Quote from "omaha"

how hard is it to change out, i think i might let the dealership do it, dad offered to pay to so it is free to me soo, hard to pass up. thanks though.

Easy to change two nuts and a plug

• my dad wants it fixed by tomarrow unfortunitly so i have to limp to the dealership and get them to fix it and then i hope to put the new fender on this coming week.

• i just got off the phone wiht the guy form the dealer it is gonna cost $525 to get a new map sensor and to replace the distrubutor and rotor that i just replaced yesterday. I am getting new plug wires out of the deal though. but man does that hurt and they won't reuse the cap i just put on not sure why? o well at least dad is paying this one time and it is running right it was hard to leave it thier i waved a good bye as i left my gf thinks i am nuts

• man due I wish you coauld have waited until I got homw I am sure we could have fixed it alot cheaper. I have a code reader and everything. are they replacing the disributor or the cap and rotor. whats wrong with the distributo.... all questions you shpould ask.....

• a map sensor from advanced auto is only $79.98. and a distibutor is only $109.99 so what is the rest of the money for..... labor

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!