Man Down!!!!

• to late they did the work i they said that the new cap was to toren up from being off center due to one screw and a zip tie holding it and was all cut up after a 5 minute ride they are gonna give me the old new distubutor that i put on. I think they took advantage of my dad not knowing how to do anything car related and said lets up new stuff on adn charge him alot, because i figured thier costs out and they are charging like 200 + for labor branywine jeep is way to expensive and not very hinest if you ask me. i wish i could have fixed it my self but i got it to the dealer on a wing and a prayer so it was not moving wiht out the aid of a trailer aor a tow from another jeep. I am alittle upset that guys that work on a jeep would charge that much must not be jeep owners just work thier.

bLaTaNt DiSrEgArD<br /><br /><br />TJ 98 4 banger gone but not fogotten<br />WJ 02 limited- Do all vehicle &quot;QUICK THROW A LOCKER AT IT!!!&quot;

• Why does it seem that the Crank Position Sensors on TJs seem to go bad a lot? DeJeep Girl just had this problem, MDJeepchic had the problem a year or so ago.....

It sounds like it might be worthwhile to carry a spare one around.

Member since 2000

Jeeps Owned'79 CJ5:

Specs-

- 258 I6

- '93 Cherokee fuel injection and HO head,

- bored 30 over

- with 4x4 cam

T18 tranny with granny low / Dana 18 t-case

Dana 44 front and back from late '70s Wagoneer, both locked and loaded with 4.88 gears

SOA on modified YJ springs with shackle reversa

Fiberglass tub with 6 point cage mounted to the frame

2015 Grand Cherokee Limited
    Spec-

Quadratec Floor mats

• That really sucks that you had a bad experience with a shop. Not all of them are like that. Unfortunately also not all the techs within a shop are of the same decency as well, nor do the service writers allways relay the information accurately. Example Service writer to tech "yeah it wont start, the guy said something about a broken bolt in the Dist." Tech looks it over, makes his diagnosis, gets a parts price list from the parts department, and hands the ticket to the SW and says, I pulled the codes, diag.d the problem as a Map sensor. thats .5 hours diag time, .3 hours to replace the Map sensor. Heres a price on a new dist. its got nothing to do with the problem though, the cap&rotor look brand new also, but heres prices for those also. I also noticed the parking brake doesnt hold the vehicle. Theres some mud underneath, and you know weve been seeing these adjusters stick, so I got you a price on those also, let the customer know. " then the service writer calls the customer, and says, well, I had one of my techs look at it and total is gonna be 500 dollars for parts and labor, now thats for the diagnostic time, to replace the distributor, cap, and rotor and plug wires. The tech said the distributor was damaged, so thats why it needs to be replaced. (doesnt tell the guy about the brakes because he makes the decision that the guy is spending enough already). Customer says ok, I need the vehicle, do the work. It sucks royally but unfortunately it does go down like that sometimes. Its a totally different world looking from the inside out. If you feel they wronged you, talk to the service manager and ask him to explain the repairs. You at least owe that to your dad.

note: the above story is an exagerated example of how things can easily get out of hand.

• i picked it up to day and the guy showed me what was replaced and the time on the the sheet and i looked everything over againg when i got home they were right the price for the parts was just rediculously high 245 for the sensor i think that they got me on that but i runs. i also picked up my new fender from paint man that guy did a good job it was worth all 2 hundred he matched the paint exactly i am very happy so atleast i got one good thing to day.

bLaTaNt DiSrEgArD<br /><br /><br />TJ 98 4 banger gone but not fogotten<br />WJ 02 limited- Do all vehicle &quot;QUICK THROW A LOCKER AT IT!!!&quot;

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!