help with switches

• has enyone put switches in the switch bar of their jk wrangler? there is a circutboard for the traction controle that spans the entire bar, i'm terrable with electrical & dont know if i can fit the switches for the e-lockers in there.if i cant put them there , were has anyone else put them?

• I think that the A-Pillar is ideal, you can either drill into the existing trim piece or use the daystar custom trim for a polished look. http://www.quadratec.com/products/97015_0000.htm They make a panel that goes at the bottom of the dash just below the factory switches but it's very very tight with a manual shifter.

For a little "custom" install, you can drill into the panel by your left knee. Above and left of the dash speaker. That's where they have the Rubicon switches in the 2011+ models.

That install has the fancy push button switches, but you can use the standard switches from RadioShack, too.

Jerry / Whatevah

2020 Gladiator Mojave - 33" Falken mud tires, LoD side steps, Zroadz bed rack, Quadratec QRC winch bumper, Superwinch EPi 9.0, Kleinn on-board air, Kleinn air horns, lots of lights, Yaesu ham radio with GPS tracker.

Gone- 2012 JK Rubicon with stuff. Long gone- Long-arm 2001 Cherokee with stuff.

• these are nice, clean looking. i should be able to get them from the dealer? i was told multiable times the lower panel of the center concil is a bad place to put switches with a stick & i not keen on the piller.

• these are nice, clean looking. i should be able to get them from the dealer? i was told multiable times the lower panel of the center concil is a bad place to put switches with a stick & i not keen on the piller.

No, the dealer won't be any help for this unless they have a custom shop. Those round switches are a little on the expensive side, around $17 each on Amazon. They're made in the UK, so always expensive here. One company rebrands them (or sells a copy) for $40/ea! They're called "Vandal Resistant Low Profile" switches from Bulgin. Or, if you just search for "Bulgin Switches on Amazon, you'll find them. You want the "Latching" style, the "Momentary" style will only work as long as you hold the button in (useful for an air horn).

Or, you could get regular square/rectangular switches from RadioShack or a local parts store. The square ones usually use a round hole for mounting.

Jerry / Whatevah

2020 Gladiator Mojave - 33" Falken mud tires, LoD side steps, Zroadz bed rack, Quadratec QRC winch bumper, Superwinch EPi 9.0, Kleinn on-board air, Kleinn air horns, lots of lights, Yaesu ham radio with GPS tracker.

Gone- 2012 JK Rubicon with stuff. Long gone- Long-arm 2001 Cherokee with stuff.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!