Trans issues / options

• ARGGGGGGG!
    Since I am the instigator...I'll help you work on her. :up:

:laughabove: Glen, I don't blame you. Believe me, I was caught up in the moment and wanting to see how far I could go and what she was capable of. Unfortunately, I found out and pushed her to the limit. Ya know, the stupid thing is that, last year, I had read up on JF about modding the trans and running a breather tube just to avoid this type of issue. I was too excited about finally getting her out on the trail that I completely forgot about it. At least I did remember to grease everything and make sure all was tight beforehand. Oh well, live and learn.

Thanks again for hauling my broke down self outta the woods and for the offer to help. I may take ya up on it if it comes to removing the trans for a rebuild. How's the Scrambler running? Joel said it sounded like it was running a bit better after y'all stopped for fuel. Think maybe it was the damp air filter causing it to stall?

Your life is made up of 2 dates and a dash... make the most of the dash!

Edited once, last by Kuntryboy816 ().

• Deal on helping you. :up:
    Scrambler it running fine. Could have been what was stalling it. :shrug:
    Starts on it own (no popping the clutch necessary). I believe it was water/mud/sand in the starter. Seems to have dried out and starts fine now.

• So is the YJ back up and driving again??? Hope all is well.

Ugh... with the weather and all I haven't gotten to do much with it. I drained and pulled the transfer case. Next is to reinstall it and then flush the trans. I finally found the flush kit at Advanced Auto. Apparently Autozone and Pep Boys don't carry it anymore. It's gotta be done today! I'm already antsy about it sitting this long.

Your life is made up of 2 dates and a dash... make the most of the dash!

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!