Fall STRIPER run?

• Last year was great for stripers. Hit them in the surf soaking bunker and at night at IRI with bucktails but this rear was slow. When does the fall run kick in? I know it depends on bait and water temp but really want a good few days like last year when it was wall to wall fisherman on the rail/rocks at IRI. It was a blast and crazy. about a week of limits every night. Guess I am missing it-LOL
    Maybe if the BLITZ hits in fall get a few of us together and make a day/night of it

• Might as well wait a few more months brother. And get some hip waders and some pocket warmers... You'll know when their here. Because me and another guy on here will be posting about it. And bunker wasn't the key bait this summer and I seriously doubt it will be this winter.... Its usually ling cod or sand eels... Bucktails are good if you know how to plug lures but a lot of people would be better off chunking bait or live lining. Quit following dsf man the owner of the site rich king made a complete ass of hisself on the surf last weekend.

Anytime you take your 20+ year old jeep apart plan on fixing more them you intended.

• Was wondering dates? Mid Sept or? DSF is a lot of BS most of the time in my opinion. Was saying last yr the blitz at IRI that lasted around a week every night was a blast except for all the people arm to arm.
    Just tired of little stuff in the suds. maybe I need a tuna run to fix the funk-LOL. Just to much $$$$

• You won't see that in the fall.... Most of the time it will be in the surf 3rs on down sometimes cape pending which way the winds and currents and stuff like that. Trust me ill post up and you should follow striper king gear. Hes not gonna blast spots but he will let you know when the bites here. You can find him on facebook. Which somehow I got roped into being on his prostaff competition team.... Also you will see me writing articles starting next month for delmarva outdoorsman and del-fish.net.

Anytime you take your 20+ year old jeep apart plan on fixing more them you intended.

• Yea striper king is cool. Meet him on sand once. Already on his FB since he popped up. U fishing today? Im hitting gordons pond I think after going to IRI for flounder first.

• Nahhhh.... Been working on the jeep all day... You would be better off hitting 3rs but Cj is a cool guy we are pretty good friends. I usually go at night for shark... But have been slacking since I got back from the keys.

• Went to IRI yesterday with a bucket of minnows. Hit south side where they are dredging. got 9 flounder total (over 4 hours) all small 15" No one got a keeper the whole time I was there. Guy did get a striper on bloodworms 20" and I got a few sea bass and Croker. The dredging is messing it up big time for now.
    Did 3R's last week and no one hit any thing the whole afternoon. Guy next to me was there from sun up and got a few skate. We were using squid, fishbites, blood worms.

• Didn't use the magic bait... Mullet.... Thier running heavy in the inlet bro.... And yeah the summer flounder are moving out so your not gonna get what your used to unless you got a boat. And I would never fish the dredge..... Go on the marina side walk out to the rocks make a left walk all the way down till you see the coast guard station... Its what us locals call the swirls.... Thier will be a whirlpool kinda going on.... Research a drop shot rig and make one throw it at farthest point with a Minnie and let the current bring it in to you.... You catch a doormat easily there... Also good for rocks and blues.... The bigger fish wait for the little fish to get caughtin that crazy current and nail the crap out of them.... I would say toss a jig but iI've seen ya fish lol... Dunno if you can work a jig there right.

• Went other day 8/22. Yep, flounder has dropped off. Only saw one caught all day. Croaker are in there big time and large ones. Used squid and caught close to 30 nice ones. Caught 3 eels back to back on minnows- hate eels. At dusk caught a 4' + shark on south side. not sure what type. I looked on line thinking black tip shark but the one I got had black on the back of all fins not on tips but lots of teeth-LOL so IDK.

• A bull was caught Thursday near Tillman island on the Chesapeake.

bLaTaNt DiSrEgArD<br /><br /><br />TJ 98 4 banger gone but not fogotten<br />WJ 02 limited- Do all vehicle &quot;QUICK THROW A LOCKER AT IT!!!&quot;

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!