spegetti for lunch and dinner

• No I'm not of my diet! :laughing:

I'm going to get started on the transmission wiring tomorrow.
    I am going to start at the tranny plugs on the 2.5 harness and follow them to their origin point.
    I hope to then, checking Chuck's FSM, start at the same origin point on the new harness and back track the wire to a plug or splice where I can cut and splice the two harnesses together.

Wish me luck.......... I'll need it :rolleyes:

• Good luck!! :grin: You're not getting my pretty little book dirty are you? :tsk:
    j/k :laughing: I put many greasy paw prints in there myself.

• Here's an update on the morning's progress.

I have traced the tanny wires on the 2.5 harness back to their starting points. Tedious job to say the least

I got some good news. I just saved a ..... Oops wrong channel.
    Good news. I checked the 4.0 harness at several points and found the
    wires from the tranny origin point all run to the plug I was looking at earlier. So wiring should easier than I thought.

I'll keep you posted

• Strange
    This tranny does not have a lock up for the Torque converter.
    I spent an hour tracing wires to find the TCC relay but it had none. :hmm:

I then crawled under the jeep and looked yup no lock up switch. :shrug:

• During this entire Swap none on the 4.0's wire harness matched up to the Service manual's color code.

I think Jeep just uses what ever it has laying around to build their Wranglers.

• Quote from "BBD"

During this entire Swap none on the 4.0's wire harness matched up to the Service manual's color code.

I think Jeep just uses what ever it has laying around to build their Wranglers.

Yeah, we got a little bit of everything in the 95's. :laughing: I remember somebody telling me that since it was the last year of the yj they used whatever they had.
    ......so whatcha gonna do with the tranny?

• Quote from "chuck"

Yeah, we got a little bit of everything in the 95's. :laughing: I remember somebody telling me that since it was the last year of the yj they used whatever they had.
    ......so whatcha gonna do with the tranny?

I'm going to use the tranny for now I don't need a lock up
    but they are nice.
    If I decide to swap it out I am thinking about an AW4 from a newer Cherokee.. That a year or more away

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!