Night time Jeep waving

• I was trying to think of some way we could do a night time jeep wave. Like maybe a flash of the fog lights or some thing along the lines of that. I just thought that would be cool. Mainly cause you can tell theres a jeep coming a mile away.

• I always planned to put a switch on one headlight so I could turn it off independently of the rest of the lights. Sort of like winking. Never got around to doing it though. :shrug:

• That brings up a good point. CJs, YJs, and TJs are easy to spot at night because of the closeness of the head lights (some of us can be seen plainly with or without lighting :rollsmile: ). But that leaves the others "out in the dark".

Member since 2000

Jeeps Owned'79 CJ5:

Specs-

- 258 I6

- '93 Cherokee fuel injection and HO head,

- bored 30 over

- with 4x4 cam

T18 tranny with granny low / Dana 18 t-case

Dana 44 front and back from late '70s Wagoneer, both locked and loaded with 4.88 gears

SOA on modified YJ springs with shackle reversa

Fiberglass tub with 6 point cage mounted to the frame

2015 Grand Cherokee Limited
    Spec-

Quadratec Floor mats

• Quote from "Beeker326th"

You guys miss XJs during high noon. Think you're going to us in the dark better? :doh:

yeah what he said!!!

XJ's get NO respect :suspicious:

87_AMC_XJ

• even at night when you cant see the oncoming driver because of the windshield glare I still wave. Just assume that you got a wave back.

As for the fog/aux. light flash... I could flash mine as a wave... But I have mine wired "legaly" so they are powered from the high beams... if you really want my high beams AND my 10 bazillion candlepower aux lights frying the optic nerve right out of your head I can flash them for you. :D

I do like the "winking" headlight idea! I think I'll do that one. Look for the little black yj that winks, coming to a moonlight street near you.

• I flash my KC's at night to other jeeps so they get a nice yellow glowing smilley face. :peace:

02 Tj hp Dana 30 4.88 ox locker, Dana 44 4.88 ox locker 3inch Teraflex coils and adjustable lower control arms 33 TSL Thornbirds and 4 chipmunks workin hard under the hood.
    Less brains MORE THROTTLE

• I figured the easiest way to do the winking would be instead of grounding the headlight to the frame run the ground wire back to a switch. Then the "wink" will work for both high and low beams.

Though I guess in theory you'd only need it for low beams...

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!