power steering gear box help

• anyone know ( on a jk)if the power steering line coming from the resivour goes to to the high or lough pourt on the gear box, while I was disassembling the broken one had an interruption, a bat in the house. had to drop what I was doing ,didn't mark the lines , wife & kids were freeking out. it was a tiny little brown bat flying around the up stairs. any help would be appreciated.thanks

• My guess is the high side would be the one with the hose marked with yellow from the pic. High side requires special hose specs. You might be able to ID the hoses by shape from that pic.

Nobody belongs anywhere, nobody exists on purpose, everybody's going to die. Have a beer.

Jeeps Owned... 89YJ, 81CJ-8, 99XJ, 93XJ, 00WJ, 05LJ, 22Bronco Badlands !

• On a side note, mine is leaking and was wondering how hard it was to relace and where did you find yours. Everything i can find is on backorder. Dealearship wants way to much for it. Thanks.

• if yours is just leaking you can rebuild it. if you arn't up for that, napa sells a rebuilt one for about $300 + core return (probably your best bet) if you want a used one try car-part.com, that will give several salvage yards. some are overpriced in my opinion. mine broke off the frame, no t good for a core at napa & without a core the price is around $520. a new one from dealer should be around $650. the car part. com took me 3 tries to get one reasonably priced & not leaking. good hunting

• thanks everyone for all the help,gear box is installed. took it for a 20 mile spin ,didn't explode or anything. I'm kina disappointed, I never get what I want.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!