** DEJA Trail Ride @ Rausch Creek - Sat Mar 22 2014 **

• Excellent day on the trails with a minimum of carnage. Tons of pics and videos to post.

I used to think about buying a fuel-efficient vehicle.<br />Then I remembered I have a Jeep and can drive over sh*t.

• Ride Report: RC 3/22/14

Once everyone was ready to roll, Randy led us out with Bob at the back, and we decided to warm up on the greens and then move onto the blues. Started off with smaller rocks...

... and then moved on to some muddier trails...

Everyone was doing great, including the first timers, and by the time we got to lunch, we were feeling pretty good... only needed to use a winch once! While the rest of us were eating, Bob found a place to play...

We headed back out, but due to a downed tree (with the directional arrow) blocking the path, we ended up on a more difficult line to traverse Rock Creek than we expected (which led to a "Which way should we go? "moment)...

... but Randy picked the best line and we got everyone across.

With only one Jeep suffering any bodily injury and two Jeeps having mechanical issues over the course of the day, we made it back for the obligatory glamour shots before departing.

All in all, a successful day and a lot of good memories. Thanks to all for the fun (and a special shout-out to YJDave for thrashing that thing through all kinds of terrain and supplying some of the most exciting moments of the trip!)

I used to think about buying a fuel-efficient vehicle.<br />Then I remembered I have a Jeep and can drive over sh*t.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!