surf fishing/April reports/updates

• Fished for a few hours yesterday at CHSP around the Herring Point area. Rough surf and lots of sea straw and Seaweed. Tried bunker as clams were not available. No bites... bad undertow pulling up the beach, 8oz sputnik wouldn't hold. Drove down to indian river inlet, found the same conditions. A reliable source had said before the blow that fish were caught at CHSP as well as fish being caught south of the inlet. Those claims were backed up by the local bait shop who also received reports of fish on the move. Water temp was fluctuating between 49 and 50 degrees. If the wind settles down the next couple of weekends we should see some decent action in the surf. :fishing:

• Augustine Beach turned up nothing for us yesterday... we had a bunch of bites, but we are pretty sure it was just crabs eating our bait :upset:

• We were at Augustine Beach last Monday, April 21st. No one caught anything except us. We caught a nice catfish which turn out 5 lbs of fillets. Dinner was plentiful that night.

When a man lies, he murders some part of the world.  These are the pale deaths, which men miscall their lives.  All this I cannot bear to witness any longer.  Cannot the kingdom of salvation, take me home.

• I would never eat a catfish out of there. I believe the state says that one 8 ounce portion a month is the allowable portion for adults. This state says that all bottom feeding fish caught in a Delaware River should not be consumed. Next time you pee in the dark check to see if it is glowing

• That's good, I was going to call the coroner. Not worried anymore, I probably won't catch another cat this year.

When a man lies, he murders some part of the world.  These are the pale deaths, which men miscall their lives.  All this I cannot bear to witness any longer.  Cannot the kingdom of salvation, take me home.

• Heading to the beach tomorrow, looks like we'll be at CHSP fishing hard. won't have the jeep, it's still broke. If anyone is down and wants to fish stop on by. I'll have a black Chevy four door 2500 with a receiver mounted rod/cooler rack. :fishing:

• That is some f'd up sheit,. And what are we doing to clean up our waters? Are these exaggerated or conservative? Either way sux

Nobody belongs anywhere, nobody exists on purpose, everybody's going to die. Have a beer.

Jeeps Owned... 89YJ, 81CJ-8, 99XJ, 93XJ, 00WJ, 05LJ, 22Bronco Badlands !

• These are suppose to be scientifically prove facts. Pennsylvania is just as bad . It makes you wonder about the crabs harvested in the delaware river and bay. If bottom feeding fish are that contaminated you would the crabs would be too

• Ill finally be heading out the 17th.... Its been hit or miss down here.... Few days ago Broadkill had a drum blitz.... Collins beach was packed today been out on the boat alot more this year so was l-6 and l-7 hard to beleive its that hard to find parking in the middle of the bay... I know of to nice sice weakfish caught today at broadkill.... 28 inches and 22 inches which is good havent seen sizes like that in years around here... Ill keep you guys posted ill be out there hopefully every night these week. The rocks are making the migration so its only a matter of days before it lights up big time on the surf.

Anytime you take your 20+ year old jeep apart plan on fixing more them you intended.

• I was at broadkill today "working" from 10 until one, had clam, bunker and bloods, a few trucks were out there talked to a few guys, nobody had any bites, it was the outgoing, maybe they caught them on the incoming? I didn't get a tap

• its a real early bite.... and a sunset bite.... incoming tide.... they should be moving south soon man.. know naval crossing was doing good today.

Anytime you take your 20+ year old jeep apart plan on fixing more them you intended.

• ill be out there this weekend... heard the naval crossing was doing good.... hoping for rain so i can get out ther tomorrow.... i wont work in it but i sure as hell will fish in it

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!