Turning off Tire Pressure Monitoring System

• So, a while back I mentioned that in the "What have you done lately" thread that I had swapped out my tire valve stems and no longer had monitors in them. Someone mentioned that the AEV Procal computer could zero out the monitor system. I already had a Superchips Flashcal, so I wasn't too motivated to buy a new computer.

Anyway, long story short, you can now download an "Off Road" tire setting for the Flashcal for free. No more nasty little light on the dash.

So, as far as I know, there are two computer that do that...AEV Procal and Superchips Flashcal. The latter costs about $155.

• i have an aeroforce gauge that i can change/turn off the function. i still use the Procal due to how simple it is. When i change my tires again, i will take the time to adjust the aeroforce gauge to the right perimeters, and reset the procal,to sell it

• I have an AEV Procal but always assumed you still needed sensors. I don't know if it will let the system ignore the sensors, I figured it just allowed you to lower the pressure tolerances. :shrug:

• I think both the procal and flashcal let you set it to zero PSI, so technically the sensor is still on but you don't need anything transmitting from the tires. The Flashcal used to only let you take it down to 22 or so. You have to download the new app or program or function or whatever you call it for the procal.

My wife gets less freaked out now that she doesn't see (_) anymore. :innocent:

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!