HELP HELP HELP PLEASE

• My 2014 Wrangler's engine light went on tonight. Then when I got 5 miles down the road the engine started revving and wouldn't go over 40 MPH. About 25 feet and then it was okay. A few more feet and I was home.

I did have this happen once before (the revving but engine light not on). I ignored it thinking it was my imagination..... :rollsmile:

WTH? GRRRR. Checked the fuel door, it is tight. This darn thing just turned 1 year old and only has 3780 miles on it.

Going to call the dealer first thing in the a.m. I did buy the extended warranty.

What is wrong with MR. JEEP??? JOANNE :bang:

• Could be transmission... I can check the code tonight if you want.

Jerry / Whatevah

2020 Gladiator Mojave - 33" Falken mud tires, LoD side steps, Zroadz bed rack, Quadratec QRC winch bumper, Superwinch EPi 9.0, Kleinn on-board air, Kleinn air horns, lots of lights, Yaesu ham radio with GPS tracker.

Gone- 2012 JK Rubicon with stuff. Long gone- Long-arm 2001 Cherokee with stuff.

• Revving problem solved. Engine light was for oil pressure sensor, I think unrelated.

Jerry / Whatevah

2020 Gladiator Mojave - 33" Falken mud tires, LoD side steps, Zroadz bed rack, Quadratec QRC winch bumper, Superwinch EPi 9.0, Kleinn on-board air, Kleinn air horns, lots of lights, Yaesu ham radio with GPS tracker.

• Big shout out to Jerry Horn for helping me last night!

Well Jerry can explain the revving issue better than me but lets say when it is in Drive I must be hitting it with my hand and putting in "1".

Just made an appointment with dealer - 1st available is January 6th! Said I could drive it with no problem unless light starts flashing.

• Shifter was locked in 1st gear... 2012 and newer have a gear range limit option, lets you pick the maximum gear. Very useful for 4low. Not so much around town.

Jerry / Whatevah

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!