• Well we are picking up our YJ tomorrow. It is pretty decked out with lots of goodies, but the one thing we are talking about changing is the top. It has a factory hard top on it now but we are going to take it off and put a soft top on. So to All of you YJ owners out there, what tops do you have and what are the likes/dislikes with your top?? THANKS !

• Keep the Hard Top and hard doors. Winters are so much nicer. As for warmer season, get a Best Top Super top and call it a day. You might want the sail cloth for a quieter ride.

Get it with soft doors and uppers, then hunt yourself a set of 1/2 doors on Craigs list. The uppers will work on the half doors.

Nobody belongs anywhere, nobody exists on purpose, everybody's going to die. Have a beer.

Jeeps Owned... 89YJ, 81CJ-8, 99XJ, 93XJ, 00WJ, 05LJ, 22Bronco Badlands !

• Yea, I put the super top NX on my TJ, it's a great top no regrets. What sucks is that I don't see the nx available for the YJ's, we like the flip open "sun roof effect" when the weather is iffy or cool out

• The most popular option by far has been the Bestop Supertop (http://www.quadratec.com/products/11002_6XX_PG.htm). It upgrades to a stronger frame than factory and has adjustable tension bars in the back for when the top eventually sags, and in 7-10 years you can order just the fabric kit and keep the original hardware.

The second best option (IMO) is the Bestop Sunrider (http://www.quadratec.com/products/11004_XX_PG.htm). It has the flipback feature similar to the Supertop NX, but does not have a replacement fabric kit available and you'll have to buy a complete top when the time comes to replace it. It also does not come with tinted windows, but you can buy them separately (for $210).

Jerry / Whatevah

2020 Gladiator Mojave - 33" Falken mud tires, LoD side steps, Zroadz bed rack, Quadratec QRC winch bumper, Superwinch EPi 9.0, Kleinn on-board air, Kleinn air horns, lots of lights, Yaesu ham radio with GPS tracker.

Gone- 2012 JK Rubicon with stuff. Long gone- Long-arm 2001 Cherokee with stuff.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!