Good Mechanic

• Been awhile since I have been on the boards... Life has gotten in the way.
    I have been remiss not only with the boards, but also with my jeep. I may need to have my ring and pinion replaced.
    Kind of complicated given the tummy tuck and SYE installed. Any ideas on who to take it to for that?

Also, it's starting to rust... as they tend to do. I want to bead blast and prime it, and hit it with Line-X, or rhino line it.
    Any good shops out there that would do that? I can be tempted to just have it all done. I don't have a good space to work on it anymore, not to mention the weather is going to make it tough soon.

Thanks for any and all input.......

• Dugan and Astape can help ya out with gears. I'll text Joe and have him check this thread. If you prefer the southern part of Delaware, there was a shop in Dover I believe that was giving good rates on gearing to local Jeepers. I'll see if I can find that info for you.

Are you talking about the inside of the tub rusting or frame?

Your life is made up of 2 dates and a dash... make the most of the dash!

• I can do R&Ps, I wont be available till around thanksgiving given my work schedule at my "Real :bang: Job" .

Shoot me a message or my phone number is located on the website within my signature.

As for beadblasting, its not something I normally do but I have the tools. I would just need to get different media as I only use it to soda blast paint. Also, did you need an SYE installed or you already have one, I was confused there.

Im located off Rt 13 in New Castle, by the bridge.

I dont know if you know Justin from middletown with the Blue 2door XJ, I did the gears in that for him as well as the lift awhile ago.
    (Thanks Jeremy)

• Thanks for info.
    Rust is exterior on the body armor. My rocker guards are becoming a mess too. I got a lousy powder coating job and it's already pitting.
    My SYE is already installed. Just saying it's a pretty modified drive train that tends to irritate OEM mechanics.

I'm swapping the carrier, spider gears and bearings this week. I'm going to see how that goes first.
    If it's a fail, I'll follow up on the suggestions. I'm in M-Town so Dover is no big deal. I need to keep this thing alive a few more years.
    Hope to build some summer beach digs in Lewes in 2017, and that was the whole point of having this thing..... so close...

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!