**DEJA Trail Ride @ Rausch Creek January 16th sign up**

• Trail Report, by popular demand: Mud. Lots of slippery, slimy mud. We've never seen it so muddy at Rausch Creek. Great fun, except maybe when we left the windows open.

We had five Jeeps, the weather was fine. Besides Slowpoke, there was Concrete Charlie, first-timer Jason with his son Todd (sp?) in a new-to-them TJ on 35s, who had no problems with anything, Altieri's Cherokee tow truck (more on that later), and The Punisher, a low-rider TJ on training wheels that was apparently owned by a junior high school vice-principal (just kidding), that was strapped to the back of Altieri's Cherokee most of the day (not kidding).

So we made it down K and got stuck only once on the blue cut-across on C, then did 2, where I drove into a puddle that turned out to be Frog Hole. The water was only about four inches deep at first, but then I stopped to wonder at all these little geysers that were coming up around me. Then the ice broke. My left front went down and so did my front locker. With my back locker already down from last week's Anthracite adventure, I was very lucky to get out with just a pull of the strap.

After that we decided to stick to Blues, went over to West Property and did the 12s, got back up to the top and found we had lost John and Tyler (The Punisher). Todd, with the energy of youth, hiked back down to the bottom and found them both stuck in two feet of mud. The rest of us headed back down to see if we could get stuck too, but they had dog-paddled out by the time we got there. We went on down to the end of West and did the long-forgotten 23, one of my favorite Blue trails, then headed back to East.

But first we had to climb a greased pole that used to be 11, which required a very long winch pull and a tow from John to get Tyler on his all-terrain 29s to the top. Giving credit where due, Tyler gets the Most-Improved award for his driving skills in the course of the day and John gets the Grandmother award for patience. Very little trail damage unless you count a broken wire to my front locker and those tube-step things that used to be attached to the sides of Tyler's TJ. A good time was had by all, and we hope to see everyone in February.

• The Punisher, a low-rider TJ on training wheels that was apparently owned by a junior high school vice-principal (just kidding), that was strapped to the back of Altieri's Cherokee most of the day (not kidding).

a tow from John to get Tyler on his all-terrain 29s to the top.

5.altierior's neighbor Tyler - blues / maybe some black

Blues's and blacks on 29's. Excellent idea! lol

• Thanks Slowpoke, ConcreteCharlie, and Alterior for a great run! I appreciate all your assistance throughout the day. I look forward to more trips and hope to see you all on the trails again!
    I have some pics... First time out so was busy with the trails mainly but here you go...

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!