Realistic Used Jeep Pricing

• Hello all

I've been wanting a Jeep Wrangler for a while and have been looking at used ones on the net for the past year. I have a question of what a 97-2004 is worth. From what I've seen people are asking well above what the blue book values are. Even bone stock ones people are asking at least 25% above blue book value.

Ultimately a vehicle is worth what some one will pay but I'm at the point I want to go check some out. Compared to what some people are asking I might offer someone 50% of their asking price. I would imagine that would instantly piss some one off but it is in line what the blue book says it's worth.

How realistic is a blue book value to what a stock to mildly lifted jeep would go for? I assume the values are based on actual sale prices of the local market.

• I bought an 03 Rubi, 65K, 4.0 liter, 5 speed, khaki exterior, new top and bimini top, 2" tow package and new off road tires for 15,750 in Sept 2012. KBB fair market price from a dealer is 14,596 and 12,740 from a private party. I have added a custom sound system, grill guard, marine vinyl seat coverings from a custom shop, SS magna flow exhaust, driving lights, full bedbug liner, running boards and various other upgrades and now have 78K on it. Not for sale but I think I could get 14-15K. I live in Lewes so Jeeps down here bring a premium.

• good or bad, they're worth what people will pay. Jeeps hold more value than almost any other vehicle. It's even cheaper to a buy a brand new 2016 model vs a 2014 with low miles due to all of the incentives. I'd check ebay for sold listings to see what they're actually going for.

Jerry / Whatevah

2020 Gladiator Mojave - 33" Falken mud tires, LoD side steps, Zroadz bed rack, Quadratec QRC winch bumper, Superwinch EPi 9.0, Kleinn on-board air, Kleinn air horns, lots of lights, Yaesu ham radio with GPS tracker.

Gone- 2012 JK Rubicon with stuff. Long gone- Long-arm 2001 Cherokee with stuff.

• I see the same things. People wanting 10k for mostly stock YJ is rediclious IMO, but if some one buys it...
    12-13 years ago it wasnt the case. New TJs were under 30k also. Times change.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!