Looking for your opinions and experiences with tuners

• So I finally managed to get my wheels, tires and suspension work done. Upgraded my 2012 JK Sport to 33s on XD Crank Machined wheels, Rubicon shocks and springs and a Teraflex leveling kit. In an attempt to get some of my now-missing MPGs and a bit of power back while correcting the speedo and shift points I was looking at tuners. Specifically the Superchips 3571 or 3874. Any thoughts, preferences or experiences? Think either of these will do the trick or is there a better recommendation?

• I did the Flashcal 3570, which has the old school screen. It worked great to disable TPMS, adjust for tire size and i COULD adjust other stuff like DRL's, interior light timing, axle gears etc. No complaints here at all. Wasn't really interested in the actual tuning aspect of it. Tuning on an NA engine always seemed negligible to me without changing a cam etc for power. Maybe mileage would see a bump but I have plenty of power to still drive it on the freeway with 33's no problem so I held off. It said I can download an update to bring it up on par with the Flashpaq but I don't really have a need. I did the leveling kit, 295/70/17 tires and i'm 16-16.5 mpg with 3.73 gears. Had to play with a gps based speedo app on my phone to test out tire sizes. I think 32.75" had me within 1-2 mph of my actual speed.

Im in a 14 JKU

One thing that confused me was you have to hook it up and "marry" it to your jeep first THEN download the "Offroad" software and update it. Then it disables the TPMS if you were like me and didn't want to spend the money to unmount all the old tires, pull sensors, and put them back together. My Flashcal wouldn't take the Offroad software until I adjusted tire size and it locked itself to my VIN.
    And you might want to get bump stops due to the leveling kit not including them. Think I might do the hockey puck on the bottom plate for the bump stop trick.

• Thanks Erager! Was more worried about MPG than power and do have TPMS in my new wheels\tires and I do want it to work. I'm really good at finding nails on job sites! May look for one of the older FlashCals...don't care how pretty it is just how it works. I do have a Garmin GPS with speedo so that will work nicely.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!