Posts by erager84

Are you looking for a winch, tow strap or rope?? If it's a rope, check out some of the Youtube vids of Bubba Ropes! They are insanely strong! I won one of their soft D-rings at the after holidays party and it's a cinch to use! I pulled the Blazer around and moved the kids playground across the yard with it as well! I'll be adding one of their tow ropes to my recovery gear soon. I say go with one of the 2" ropes... just to be safe! :thumbup:

External Content youtu.be
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

Mine is basically a bubba rope it acts as a rubber band. Guy in Felton has made his own for decades and they last forever if you don't cut em. I'm more so trying to decide what size D ring to get but um just gonna get a Warn 3/4" because of the weight rating if 1 full size truck is trying to pull out another full size truck. the $10 would be piece of mine. Google "Rope Locker Felton DE" We swear by them and have never had one break ever aside from 1 cutting cut and it started to fray so they threw it away.

Yeah I think I'm just gonna get a big d-rings and a tree saver strap. While not perfect it'll work for the random uses we would have just not gonna get a knock off one. Plus by truck has complete tow loops on the front instead of hooks and my ropes have closed ends so itll help me If I need to pull with my truck from the front.

D-rings I mean, not shackles

Now to just pick out one that would enough to pull out a fullsize pickup the 1/2" Warn is rated to 10k, the 3/8" is like 18k The ARB one on Quadratec is down lower. 10k doesn't seem like enough seeings how each truck is 5k. I'll just go big to be safe and have peace of mind.

Btw none of this is jeep related, but I thought you guys would be the best place lol

Changing up my carry pistol and don't need a 2nd. Changing to 9MM instead of 45ACP

It's been well taken care of and cleaned after every trip to the range. No damage or scared or drops etc) Works perfect with zero issues ever
    Comes with the pistol
    hard lockable carry case (unsure if TSA compliant)
    3-4 magazines (compact and extended)
    Crossbreed Supertuck Inside-waist-band holster (has been worn a good amount but still works perfect, no damage beyond some wear marks)
    OWB paddle holster
    Barrel cleaning brush
    A few boxes of target ammo and 2 magazines (1 compact, 1 extended of good quality carry ammo)
    2 magazine mag-pouch
    I think that it

It's been fired probably around 500-1000 times but kept clean and lubed every time. I've never had an issue with any ammunition I've shot through it (mostly Freedom Munitions reman., all brass ammo) Shoots great and accurately. I was always within center mass at about 25ft at the range

http://www.springfield-armory.…ducts/xdm-compact-45-acp/ (Mine has the steel front sight, not a fiber optic sight)

I'll upload pictures after I get home tonight.

I don't seem to have a whole lot of interest from my family of using the site I reserved. If they don't commit and it's me flying solo, I'll split Keith's site with him and offer up my site. Still going to give them a couple of weeks (end of April) to commit or not but I'll post up whether/when it's available.

Is yours a tent or camper spot?

So I may be tar'd and feather'd here since I traded the Rubi for an F150 but I promise I'll be back eventually. Gotta get El Camino in fighting shape first but you guys are a wealth of knowledge about actual offroad stuff.

In the past week we've needed to pull something with a truck or golf cart but a straight pull was really difficult. I thought a snatch block would be useful to add to my toolbag but everything seems to be for steel cable/synthetic winch line.

Is there a similar device, maybe not called a snatch block, that allows you to change the pull direction using 1.5" woven snatch rope just like you would a snatch block with a winch cable? I've found one with the large hook at one end but due to the way the loops on the ends are tied they are too thick to fish through the hole. https://www.amazon.com/Snatch-…ngle-Sheave/dp/B00B1QIQE4

Something like this... https://www.amazon.com/dp/B0097SUGN2?psc=1 but for large rope. Wouldn't be used for snatching out trucks. More like pulling out bushes, moving logs, utility stuff. Maybe a stump. We used to just use a tree as a pulley but it tears into the material of the ropes over time.

Edit: Would a probably weight rated large D-ring/Shackle and a tree saver type strap work? I'm guessing rope diameter while sitting at work. SO it might be smaller
    Edit2: Now that I look up the places prices for rope I'm guessing it is smaller than what I'm estimating which might make this much easier.

damn the only Saturday that I work in November and everything is scheduled for this date..... I will make the meeting but will miss the paintball. maybe next time

Damn, Honestly I love playing so if people want to go again even if just a walk on day and 3 or 4 wanna play I'm game. Winter is the best especially with a little snow. Looks like you murdered a clown after a few rounds of paint spray.

We have a group reservation at Outdoor Adventures Chesapeake City. http://oxcc.com/
    November 12th, 9AM - 2PM
    Admission is $15, Rental equipment is $15 (plus tax). Admission includes unlimited air refills, don't believe they do CO2 but I can find out.
    Rental includes gun, mask, tank, hopper and 2 pods with holder/holster.

Paintballs are $65 for 2000 (they have smaller amounts too)
    Feel free to bring a friend, family member etc but remember that anything bought by the club is a benefit for members.

We will be finished up in time for everyone to attend the members meeting at 3pm at Shaefers in Chesapeake City
    November 12th Members Meeting - Schaefers Canal House

You MUST fill out a waiver so if you run into a tree you can't sue anybody. (Click link to fill it out online)
    vantora.com/paintball/oxcc/waiver/default.asp?ev=59702292

Each person will pay their fees when they get there. Anyone under 18 needs an adult to sign for them.
    They don't have concessions beyond some soda machines. Feel free to bring food/drinks (no alcohol). A pizza place will deliver there.

You can bring your own equipment but you have to use their paint. (You must chronograph your gun there, I think it has to be under like 270 or something)

Club contributions are still being figured out
    Probably want to bring a change of clothes to change into for member meeting afterwards.

Yeah I'm getting... "There is a problem with the forum. Please contact the forum admin or try again later. (Code 2209)"

I tried accessing the forum from my tapatalk and everything was blank when your'd open up a forum section. Then i removed it and tried to re-add it to my forum list and then this popped up.

I don't know the real club comp related stuff but i'm pretty organized and am willing to help wherever it's needed. I really wanted to get up there this year but schedule didn't work out.