xj control arm drop bracket

• Im trying to figure out which control arm drop brackets i should go with.

http://www.rocky-road.com/cherokee-control-arm-drop.html

http://www.morris4x4center.com…-brackets-rub-re9900.html

I know I'll need adjustable upper control arms. just need some tips on with one may be better than the other, or any problems i may run into

My White 96 XJ is my obsession.<br />My Jeep is a work in process, but doesn&#039;t mean it can&#039;t do what yours does. <br />Don&#039;t Tread On Me!<br />Jeeps don&#039;t get speeding tickets, they get tickets for being Badass!

• If you intend to wheel your XJ, and rock crawling in particular, I would not recommend drop brackets for lower control arms. They just beg to get caught on rocks and get you hung up. I get mad flex with my flex-end adjustable short arm LCAs (This is not my current XJ; these are some pics that I had readily available to post. But the XJ I wheel now has at least this much articulation or more):

~ JD
    * WARNING - The above post may contain trace elements of biting sarcasm. Those with known sensitivities should avoid staring directly at it.

• If you intend to wheel your XJ, and rock crawling in particular, I would not recommend drop brackets for lower control arms. They just beg to get caught on rocks and get you hung up.

However, if you are considering LCA drop brackets for road manners, then that is a different story, and I can't offer any advice there.

~ JD
    * WARNING - The above post may contain trace elements of biting sarcasm. Those with known sensitivities should avoid staring directly at it.

• Well with this Jeep, it's my daily so that's why I'm choosing drop brackets. On another rig I'll do a long arm. I just need help picking one, if the rocky road is good or not. I'm not trying to go with rough country brackets because I saw that the self tapping bolts come undone often

My White 96 XJ is my obsession.<br />My Jeep is a work in process, but doesn&#039;t mean it can&#039;t do what yours does. <br />Don&#039;t Tread On Me!<br />Jeeps don&#039;t get speeding tickets, they get tickets for being Badass!

• 4.5 inches of lift

• Have control arm drop brackets on my 95 xj and love them .. Bought the rubicon express ones which ran about 190$ ride great on the road and have Been happy with their performance off-road

You can&#039;t live life being afraid to break something or you&#039;ll never learn to fix it

• Yes, drop brackets will be perfect for maintaining on-road drive-ability, and also help with flex off road too. As was mentioned before, any drop brackets you get, you will eventually land on when offroading. The nice part is the drop brackets are typically very hefty, and mount to one of the stronger and more re-in-forced sections of the XJ unibody. If you do land on them and have to use them as a skid, they will take plenty of abuse. I ran them for a long time on my first Jeep, and besides loosening up occasionally from taking multiple hits, they held up just fine.

• In all matters XJ or MJ: When Andy responds, you have your answer.

~ JD

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!