Nightsun4x4 78w L.E.D headlight

• About a month ago keith_c did a write up of the opt7 h4 led headlight bulbs that he put in his jeep so I figured id do the same but with sealed led headlights (if that's what they are called)
    They are the Nightsun4x4 78watt cree LED headlights, just got them in this afternoon and figured maybe someone with a little higher of a budget (but not J.W speaker high) might want to take a look at them instead of the opt7 leds. http://www.nightsun4x4.com/. By the looks of them so far they are of pretty good quality, cast aluminum housings and trim, all the connecters and wires going into the light seam water tight, and they leave a wire out for DRL's if you wish to use them. They come with a adaptor for JK's but I'm pretty sure if you choose JK at check out it should already come wired with a H13 plug. These are also DOT/SAE approved and I will be posting a driving video of them later tonight

[img width=750 height=750]http://i.imgur.com/8WVJGvA.jpg?1[/img]

the difference between a KC highlights housing with a zeon brand bulb from advance auto and the led

[img width=750 height=750]http://i.imgur.com/o6RFJI7.jpg?1[/img]
    [img width=750 height=750]http://i.imgur.com/2iAmuZg.jpg?1[/img]

• Did you get any beam pattern pics on a white wall? That's the most important comparison photo, which most people don't do. Most of the lights will only come with the H4 plug at it's cheaper for production and simpler for warehouse space to just have one type with a case of adapters.

Jerry / Whatevah

2020 Gladiator Mojave - 33" Falken mud tires, LoD side steps, Zroadz bed rack, Quadratec QRC winch bumper, Superwinch EPi 9.0, Kleinn on-board air, Kleinn air horns, lots of lights, Yaesu ham radio with GPS tracker.

Gone- 2012 JK Rubicon with stuff. Long gone- Long-arm 2001 Cherokee with stuff.

• Thanks for taking the extra photos and being the guinea pig to test these out. Did you stand in front of them to check for perceived glare? The photo has a massive glare pattern unless that's coming from somewhere else... here's a photo of the Quadratec LEDs at 25ft for comparison. There shouldn't be much light above the main beam, the small sections above the beams here are for unlit overhead signs on highways.

There's a guy complaining on the SDJC facebook page that he failed inspection because of his no-name LED headlights, judging from the beam pattern of your lights, you may have issues the next time, too. Might wanna keep your stock lights on hand to switch them out, although I'd suggest that you send your lights back for a refund and try something else, those will produce a lot of glare back at you in fog or heavy snow.

Jerry / Whatevah

2020 Gladiator Mojave - 33" Falken mud tires, LoD side steps, Zroadz bed rack, Quadratec QRC winch bumper, Superwinch EPi 9.0, Kleinn on-board air, Kleinn air horns, lots of lights, Yaesu ham radio with GPS tracker.

• I see what you're saying about the glare issue and I'm not making any excuses for it but I didn't get flashed at all last night on my initial run. But I also still have to aim these lights. And I don't do much night driving as it is just not a huge fan of it, these where bought more as a look good thing for my jeep because i don't really like the look of reflector style headlights. But thanks for your advice and input on the lights

• I drive at night for a living... you'd be suprised how many folks are driving with their high beams on for miles and miles (drove with one guy for 30+ miles!) and don't get flashed. So, don't take that as a guide.

If you don't drive in the dark much, I guess you'll be ok... certainly very cool looking lights, I was thinking of switching to them which is why I wanted to see beam pattern shots. :/

Jerry / Whatevah

• There's a channel on YouTube called headlight revolution that does beampatter/ reviews type things of LED headlights of you want to look at some there if you're looking for new lights

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!