Front Drive Shaft

• I am trying to find a front drive shaft for an 05 Wrangler Unlimited, don't want to rebuild this one again. Is there a difference between the drive shaft for a TJ and a LJ?

• I am trying to find a front drive shaft for an 05 Wrangler Unlimited, don't want to rebuild this one again. Is there a difference between the drive shaft for a TJ and a LJ?

The front driveshaft is the same for TJ vs LJ. If you can't find one locally, I've had good luck with CJ Tatton. There's one under my old XJ. :) http://stores.ebay.com/TATTONS-DRIVESHAFTS

Jerry / Whatevah

2020 Gladiator Mojave - 33" Falken mud tires, LoD side steps, Zroadz bed rack, Quadratec QRC winch bumper, Superwinch EPi 9.0, Kleinn on-board air, Kleinn air horns, lots of lights, Yaesu ham radio with GPS tracker.

Gone- 2012 JK Rubicon with stuff. Long gone- Long-arm 2001 Cherokee with stuff.

• Ahh yeah, for stock spec driveshafts, the transmission matters and sometimes the engine. So, an 03-06 4.0+auto front shaft will be fine in your 4.0+auto LJ. Also, the aftermarket shafts tend to have a longer spline shaft to work with more options. Considering that you're lifted, you should really go with an aftermarket shaft because a stock one will be nearly maxed out (and make them wear out faster).

Jerry / Whatevah

2020 Gladiator Mojave - 33" Falken mud tires, LoD side steps, Zroadz bed rack, Quadratec QRC winch bumper, Superwinch EPi 9.0, Kleinn on-board air, Kleinn air horns, lots of lights, Yaesu ham radio with GPS tracker.

Gone- 2012 JK Rubicon with stuff. Long gone- Long-arm 2001 Cherokee with stuff.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!