Who Wants To Help? (1st time lift) - UPDATED W/ PICS

• Who wants to help me put on my first lift kit?

I have a RE 3.5 superflex kit to put on my 2003 sahara. The problem is that I don't have the tools, driveway or experience. My driveway is all grass so it probably wouldnt be very comfortable/level. I have basic tools but i dont have jack stands etc... And of course, this would be my first time so I was hoping someone could walk me through it and help w/ any problems I encounter.

What I DO have is...
    Beer & Various Spirited Beverages.
    Food - whatever you want will be provided.

The first weekend I am free to do it is the weekend of June 10,11,12. I will also be available any weekday before 5:00 PM after that weekend for the rest of the summer.

So who wants to help? I would really appreciate anyone who is willing. I am in Wyoming which is a few minutes south of Dover.

Thanks!

• I'd be happy to host a wrenching party here at my place
    and lend a hand.The garage is plenty big enough
    It's 32x 36
    I have a compresser and air tools and most
    everthing else we would need.
    Let me know

• Hey Andrew - If you're willing to host - I'm all for it. Does that weekend work for you? The kit has been sitting in my laundry room for a week now taunting me. (the quick disco's are backordered so I am just waiting)

• we can throw that lift on in a matter of hours. all easy bolt on parts - and having a large garage like that is a bonus. i'll have the 10th and 11th off if you want to try working out some time in andrew's garage. if his garage (or time) isn't available on those days we can always do it here. you just have to help push out the willys beforehand :)
    chris

p.s. i have everything you need for putting on that lift here at my place as well.

• i can try to stop by if i am free for on eof the days let me know which one you guys choose.

bLaTaNt DiSrEgArD<br /><br /><br />TJ 98 4 banger gone but not fogotten<br />WJ 02 limited- Do all vehicle &quot;QUICK THROW A LOCKER AT IT!!!&quot;

• Quote from "jeeprubicon"

Might want to get a good set of spring compressors.
    Mine are kinda cheap

i got mine back (finally!) and although nothing fancy they seem to get the job done just fine. since he got the superflex kit instead of the standard flex kit he'll have new lower control arms to swap out. once we pull the lowers off we should be able to squeeze in the new springs without using compressors (much more axle droop that way).
    let me know where you want to have the party.
    chris

• Thank you guys for offering to help!

I think we decided on the 11th at Andrew's garage. I am not sure of the time yet, but we can get that figured out. Also, the kit does include new L.C.A.s like Chris said. I picked up an adjustable front track bar to go along with it.

If there is time, I also have a skid row engine skid to put in if anyone wants to help. I could do it myself but I wanted to wait until after the lift is put on b/c i have to switch around one of the LCA bolts. Plus the sucker weighs close to 60 lbs so a second set of hands would make the job a lot easier.

Thanks again everyone. Ill make sure to bring enough food/drink for anyone who comes to help. Any requests?

• Quote from "jeeprubicon"

How does 8:30 start sound?
    I'll make sure the garage is straightend up to give us more room

Chris, can you make it ?

yup, i can make it. andrew, can you pm me directions (or post here for all to see) to your place? let me know what tools i may need for the lift also.
    chris

• sorry i wont be able to make it im going home to Minnesota for my little sisters highschool graduating...but ill be there in spirit hahah

It's A Jeep Thing...You Wouldn't Understand
    *bLaTaNt DiSrEgarD oFfRoAd*

• The tools we talked about is great to bring Chris
    I'll make another coupler to accomadate both air hose.

From rt1 go south till you get to rt 30 just a little south of Milford.
    At that blinking traffic light make a right then a left at the stop sign.
    That will put you on rt30.
    GO down about 5-6 miles till you come to HERITAGE ROAD.
    MAke a right on to it and go down till you see KINGS CROSSING
    on the left.
    GO into the development and at the first stop sign make a left.
    Go around the corner and from the corner house mine is the thrid one
    on the right
    Tan with blue shutters and a big garage out back.It has blue doors but will probally be up
    My jeep will be in the driveway.
    If anyone needs anything else call my cell on the day of ,..............
    302-245-8646.
    or send me an email or pm

• I'm going through all of my stuff getting ready. The quick disco's are still backordered (they say early next week). If they dont ship by next Thursday, I am going to head up to Qtec and pick up a pair of JKS quicker disco's and sell the RE ones.

Anyway, my question is should I pick up a dropped pitman arm? I've heard they are necessary and then I heard they aren't necessary. I just want to make sure I have what I need. Thanks!

• I have always installed one.. just my 2 cents though.. on the 4" kits I purchased for a few of the jeeps I have owned they came with the kit....

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!