2012 JKU with AEV 2.5 lift getting old

• Put the lift on in 2012 just after I bought it. Aaron put a new draglink on a few years ago, but I noticed this:

Bump stop is rotted out. The lift is 5 years old now, wondering if its time to update it? Also thinking of ditching the AEV geometry brackets for adjustable arms. I'm about to upgrade from 285/70r 17 Duratracs (to small, wish I hadn't sold the previous terra grapplers) to a 285/75r 17 Ridge grapplers, maybe new rims with reduced backspacing....

I tow an offroad teardrop, so I don't really want 35's.

Manual with 3.73s

driveway poser shot, just stubbied out my Sh*ttybuilt XRC bumper

• The photos aren't loading for me, but I'd recommend keeping the drop brackets if you're not doing hard trails. It'll keep the ride quality better, and the factory arms are plenty strong. The only reason for adjustable arms would be if you want to add more lift. I'd replace the bumpstop, check the shocks to see if they're still good and not worry about it unless you're running a lot of weight in the Jeep that would affect the springs. I installed my AEV 2.5" lift in 2014 and it's holding up pretty well, but I don't have the drop brackets so I don't like the ride on rough roads and washboard trails. Handles great otherwise, I drive it hard responding to fire calls and wrecks with the fire dept.

Jerry / Whatevah

2020 Gladiator Mojave - 33" Falken mud tires, LoD side steps, Zroadz bed rack, Quadratec QRC winch bumper, Superwinch EPi 9.0, Kleinn on-board air, Kleinn air horns, lots of lights, Yaesu ham radio with GPS tracker.

Gone- 2012 JK Rubicon with stuff. Long gone- Long-arm 2001 Cherokee with stuff.

• I installed drop brackets about a month before trading in my JKU. They made a world of difference in handling. I would not get rid of them. I also ran 285-75. 17.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Thanks for the replies. Photos loaded fine yesterday, but not today. No idea why.

I'll get under with a wire brush and check everything out. Billstein shock look like crap, but they seem to be working fine.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!