Check engine light on new Rubi?

• Light just came on last night. I've only had it since January and it only has 3500 miles on it. Of course it happens now so I will have to wait 5 days or so before I can get it into service.

Any one else get this on a new Jeep? Will I be okay riding around for a few days? Its been my experience the dealer just resets the light, or that a cap fell off somewhere.

• brad,
    doublecheck to ensure your fuel filler cap is on tightly. having it slightly loose or unseated will trigger that light. if you find that it's loose it'll only take a few days worth of driving to have it sense the correction and go back out. or - hit up autozone and have them run the scanner on it. it just plugs into the connector below your steering column and will tell you verbatim what the "fail" is.
    chris

• As long as your check engine light comes on and stays on your okay to drive. When it comes on and blinks on and off you want to pull over shut off the motor and call someone.
    FYI :peace:

Former V.P. (2006-2007)
    V.P. of Jeeps for Joy (2004-2010)
    President of Jeeps for Joy (2010-2012)
    Beater Build Winning Driver (2009)

• Try this ...................
    Push and hold the trip button in and turn the key to the ON
    position................
    Then read what it says
    If there are any faults it will says so .
    Then you can ask someone on the board to look it up
    or find it in the book.
    Let us know how you make out

• if you feel liek going on a short drive to PA I have a code reader. If your interested give me a ring 610 842 2387

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!