• Wow, you don't know the can of worms you just opened. ^^

I don't really know if there is a "best" answer anymore. Warn is still the king of electric winches. So if you want the best, look at them. Other name brands in that ballpark are Milemarker, Ramsey and Superwinch. In the last 10 years we've seen a influx of chinese-production winches of varying quality, but the quality of most of them have really improved in the last few years. I really like the Quadratec winches personally but the Harbor Freight Badlands winches are very popular lately. Things to look for... pulling strength (9000lb minimum for a JK), cable type (steel cable vs synthetic rope), cable length, fairlead type (roller vs smooth), and integrated or offset control body (affects ease of mounting and waterproofing).

If you're just looking for a decent affordable winch, I'd look at the Quadratec stealth series. Their 10,000lb winch with steel cable is a nice option, I really like that the remote control can be either wireless or wired. https://www.quadratec.com/p/qu…winch/10000lb-steel-cable

Jerry / Whatevah

2020 Gladiator Mojave - 33" Falken mud tires, LoD side steps, Zroadz bed rack, Quadratec QRC winch bumper, Superwinch EPi 9.0, Kleinn on-board air, Kleinn air horns, lots of lights, Yaesu ham radio with GPS tracker.

Gone- 2012 JK Rubicon with stuff. Long gone- Long-arm 2001 Cherokee with stuff.

• This is the one I got should I think about maybe selling it and going with a larger winch? Saw that whatevah recommended at least a 9k

WARN 103250 VR EVO Series Winch 8,000lb with Steel Cable

• This is the one I got should I think about maybe selling it and going with a larger winch? Saw that whatevah recommended at least a 9k

WARN 103250 VR EVO Series Winch 8,000lb with Steel Cable

I'd keep it! That will do well for most situations, you'll only really need more power if you're buried in mud. If you think that's a possibility, pick up a winch kit (or assemble your own) that includes a pulley/snatch block, tree saver and a couple shackles. We should probably do a recovery class at some point down the road to teach some of the finer points, but essentially if you put the snatch block on a tree and run the winch line through it and back to your Jeep it will double pulling power. Quadratec has a kits to choose from or you can assemble your own. https://www.quadratec.com/cate…covery/recovery-kits-gear For a recovery kit, you'll want at minimum a 20-30' recovery strap (no metal hooks!), two 3/4" shackles, a snatch block and a tree saver (6-10' non-stretch strap).

Jerry / Whatevah

2020 Gladiator Mojave - 33" Falken mud tires, LoD side steps, Zroadz bed rack, Quadratec QRC winch bumper, Superwinch EPi 9.0, Kleinn on-board air, Kleinn air horns, lots of lights, Yaesu ham radio with GPS tracker.

Gone- 2012 JK Rubicon with stuff. Long gone- Long-arm 2001 Cherokee with stuff.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!