Wrenching - FRIDAY June 11th - Quadna's

• I've been authorized by the aforementioned to announce a wrenching at his place Friday, June 11th. I've begged and pleaded for help replacing my blown front shock(s), so that's on the agenda. Anyone else????

Thanks Chris!!!!

DrJ

• Well it has a 2.5" lift, the dealer says we changed the angle at which the strut works in the suspension, the lift manufacturer says that's not true. Rather than put cheap crap OEMs back in, I bought the matching Rancho struts (to my Rancho rear shocks). As for the OEMs...Paragon twice, Rausch Creek once, and GWNF once, so it was probably that extra bag of dog food at Sam's. Who knows, but if it's apart, I might as well put good stuff in, and I trust all the DeJA guys that'll help more than I do the dealer.

Stop by, I'll give you one OEM strut (only one is probably shot)!

DrJ

• Before you jump on the lift, go to http://www.boulderbars.com, that's All JProducts web site. Call Quinn there. He has about 30 KJ guys that are wheelin' on a lot more difficult stuff than I am. They're using parts from different lifts to get the best 2.5" result possible. He's great for advice, and he's seen most all of the lifts.

DrJ

• I have been reading up and researching the lift kits for the KJ as well as for my XJ. Rocky Road and Skyjacker products have been the best I have run across. There are a few things like the Skidrow tranny skid that I want first. I have the stock rocker panel guards that my KJ renegade came with, better than nothing. I have considered getting beefer ones from Rocky Road as well as they are constructed with the same tubing that they build the hitches with, about 1/4 inch thick. The Lift will come in probably a year or so. I have time to read up and get as much info as possible.

• Quote from "DrJ"

a wrenching at his place Saturday, June 11th.

Not to nitpick, by MY calendar has the 11th as a Friday. :hmm: :rollsmile:

• Ooops! It is Saturday, nonetheless, the 12th. Thanks!

I have the Rocky Roads OTT lift, we'll talk about it more later. I also have the Skid Row plate you're talking about, and there are newer, heavier duty skids available that are more involved installation-wise. I chose this one because it was heavy enough, cheaper by a little bit, but much easier to install (less drilling). I think the BEST rock rails are All JProducts boulder bars, they attach in three spots on the unibody not two like the rest. You can see them SATURDAY, too. They've paid for themselves already!!!

Finally, someone to talk KJ with!!!!!!

DrJ

• Now that I have Friday off (thanks, Mr. President), we're thinking about moving my front strut install to Friday afternoon...anyone else?

• friday can work for me too. oh, and for the record i now have a minifridge in the garage and the bbg grill's just outside the back garage door. if we get some people to come by maybe a few patties/dogs can be thrown on? just an idea to help get friends to help turn wrenches.
    chris

p.s. if friday is bad for everyone then saturday can still work - we're just kicking around options.

• I still have to work on Friday, so I couldn't come down. If you do it on Saturday, I'll come on down...

• Looks like Friday's the winner (sorry Andrew). Something about girlfriends and weekends, I dunno. We'll start around 12:00, so stop by if you're around!

DrJ (no more boingy boingy!)

• This message is just to move the thread to the top of the list.

We're doing my strut install at Quadna's on FRIDAY (tomorrow) starting at 9:00am. If Mr. Reagan gave you a day off as well, stop by!!

DrJ

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!