a very bad night

• let me tell you about my night!!
    I took the boys to the movies and it was sold out.
    Then on the way home I smell what I thought was oil in my jeep. I look over at my oil gage and my pressure is dropping fast, then my brakes go all the way to the floor. I was getting to a red light so I went to stop and there were no brakes!!! I finally stop almost hitting the car in front of me. Then when I try to take off I had no pressure in my accelarator, and the truck behind me just about reened me. I finally got it to move but it was moving as slow as a turtle with the gas all the way to the floor. Then a car almost ran into the right side of me. I get into Cingular parking lot and I had no brakes so I almost hit the railing in front of the building. I get out pop the hood to check my oil. Which I checked last week and it was full. Tonight it said there 1 quart. Then I look under the jeep and there was brake fluid all over the bottom drivers side.
    You would not believe how many guys stopped to help. One guy said it was my diff fluid. I told him I'm a blond but not stupid. I said I have changed my diff fluid before I know where it is located. His friends laughed at him then they left. Then these other guys just kept driving around staring.
    Then here comes Bob to the rescue. Thanks a lot Bob you stayed there with me and made me feel safe.
    Alan comes and says my drivers side front brake line is rusted all the way through.
    So I just wanted to say thank you to Bob for coming to help me. You made me feel comfortable while waiting. I also want to thank Alan for driving all that way just to tow the Wild-Cherry, my kids and myself back home.
    What a night I'm glad it's all over!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• glad you made it back!

let us know what happened, after you get a good nights rest and can see the engine in daylight. :)

Jerry / Whatevah

2020 Gladiator Mojave - 33" Falken mud tires, LoD side steps, Zroadz bed rack, Quadratec QRC winch bumper, Superwinch EPi 9.0, Kleinn on-board air, Kleinn air horns, lots of lights, Yaesu ham radio with GPS tracker.

Gone- 2012 JK Rubicon with stuff. Long gone- Long-arm 2001 Cherokee with stuff.

• my graditude can not be expresed enough to those that helped... bob thanks a ton and Alan well man I owe you another one.....

• wow... must have been an interesting situation to be in. once again the jeep family stood by the "jeep thing" and helped out

• Yeah Chris I thought about you and BBD, but couldn't find your number's in me cell phone. When I got home I went through and added a lot of names and numbers....

Im still a little shaken today but getting better.
    Alan and Bob is coming over to put my new brake lines in.
    The engine light was on also. So I am going to see if Alan can run the codes for me. If I can find Tony's toy in the garage!!!!!

• Yeah Chris I thought about you and BBD, but couldn't find your number's in me cell phone. When I got home I went through and added a lot of names and numbers....

Im still a little shaken today but getting better.
    Alan and Bob is coming over to put my new brake lines in.
    The engine light was on also. So I am going to see if Alan can run the codes for me. If I can find Tony's toy in the garage!!!!!

• hi dawn, i am new here but i was looking at your post. i can identify with that stuff, failed brake lines, all too well. it has happened to me on more then one occassion. i was in florida 1 year visiting my 2nd husband's brother. it was late & we didn't know where he lived so he came out to town to meet us & we had to follow him back to his house. i was driving my mother-in-laws van coming down the ramp from the interstate , which was a pretty good down-hill grade. my brother in law stopped at the end of the ramp for a stop sign, he was on a motorcycle, i went to hit the brakes & there were none at all. i started getting panicky & all i could manage to say was "no brakes!" :sniffle: my husband :smlove: immediatly threw the car into park & we all nearly went through the windshield but my brother in law is still alive & unharmed. there were about 9 other things that went totally wrong on that trip, our vacation from hell. :yevil:

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!