XJ lift question

• calling all xj owners i recently aquired a 1991 xj 4door and im wondering about lifts for these things this will most likely be my dd so i just want a little lift so its not so stubby anymore.....poss. a 3" or so nothing so i have to go sye just enough to fit 31s or so.......i've seen a couple around a white one here in camden looks perfect for what im looking for dont remember his name though.

thanks,
    kevin

It's A Jeep Thing...You Wouldn't Understand
    *bLaTaNt DiSrEgarD oFfRoAd*

• I think with a 4" you can fit possibly 32". My buddy MWaskiXJ bought a 4" lift with new front coils and add a leafs in the rear. Real easy install and with just a new adjustable front track bar and steering stabilizer, the thing runs great. He just bought new Super Swamper TSL's and they ride fine. A 3" would work fine but i'm sure you'd still need a new adjustable front track bar. Add a leaf is cheaper but new leafs are a better long term solution if you want it for later trail use.

1999 Grand Cherokee WJ 3" lift JK Moabs 31" tire
    1993 Grand Cherokee 7" Long Arm, Badgeless, SOLD
    1981 CJ-7 4" Lift, 31" MTR's, Pretty Blue

• I can tell you that with a 3" lift, you can fit 31s, but they'll rub. I have 31x10.50 trXus on my 01 XJ. They fit but I had to do a bit of trimming and they rub a bit in tight turns. No need to change the trac-bar from what I've seen, but I'd definately recommend the SYE.

• so you need an sye for a cherokee with less lift than a tj that has a longer driveshaft as well im 4" on my TJ without a sye installed and i dont have much of any vibes? even with a TCase drop ? thanks for the info keep it coming

• I have a 3" lift with 31" tires and I'll get the vibrations if I barely step on the gas. It goes away and it's not severe. Right now, more a nuisance than anything. If you went with 3" and 30" tires, you probably wouldn't get it at all.

• XJ's are screwy :spinrhead:
    Some get driveline vibes stock. I've heard of people lifting 5" without SYE no problem and others use a 2" budget boost and can't stand the vibes. Everyone is different unfortunately for you the newer XJ's seem to be even more prone to vibes. I ran a 3" lift with t-case drop for a very long time on my 97 and loved it. I ran 30' tires and always wished I'd gone for 31's they only rub at full lock so who cares. They should stuff fine with proper bumpstops or some minimal trimming. If you want 32's on a 4" you'll need more bumpstop to keep them off the fenders or more trimming.
    You don't have to change the track-bar but I'd recommend it if it's your DD. A stronger one will hold up better with the bigger tires as well as keep it tracking straight. Track bar failure is a major cause of bumpsteer.

• go with a 3" lift...and 1" t-case drop....you shouldnt have any vibe problems but If you do you should only need some shims...31's should fit fine...I have 33's on 3" but I have TJ flares and tons of trimming....with the 3" kit get the full leafs...better down the road and youll wish you had later....no need to change anything with only 3" (tracbar, ss) but you'll never know til you lift....everyones rides acts differently as you can see....

02&#39; F250 SD w/ 285&#39;s and 17x9 1079&#39;s<br />99&#39; XJ w/ 8&quot; and 35&#39;s - GONE!<br /><br />I miss wheeling! :(

• i got a 4.5 lift on my 2000 xj it is not so top heavy that it makes it hard to drive it give it just what i wanted i wanted some thing that would be got on the high way and trails when you decide on a lift go with the leaf packs i made the the wrong decession and went with the add a leaf now my truck sages in the rearon list of things to fix the 4.5 lift gos in very easy it took two people 6 hours and i dont have any vibes put in drop transcase bracket

• well i ordered my 3" rusty's full leaf kit and some new wheels and 30" bfg ATs, the problem i have now is i dont have the garage or the tools to put the lift on....if anyone wants to help me that would be great and there would be food and beverage compensation for the help along with a thankyou and a handshake

thanks,
    kevin

• im usually around the beach area, salisbury area, or dover area....but i can be anywhere at any given time

• wish seaford wasnt so far I'd lend a hand as well...

02&#39; F250 SD w/ 285&#39;s and 17x9 1079&#39;s<br />99&#39; XJ w/ 8&quot; and 35&#39;s - GONE!<br /><br />I miss wheeling! :(

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!