YJ Seatbelt question

• Can someone post up some pics of how the YJ's seatbelts bolt down. My buddy Nathan bought Dr J's YJ and we got Slinky's back seat bolted in tonight but we couldn't figure out the seatbelts on the rear seat. Its unlike my TJ I can tell you that much.

Any pics would help.
    Thanks

Former V.P. (2006-2007)
    V.P. of Jeeps for Joy (2004-2010)
    President of Jeeps for Joy (2010-2012)
    Beater Build Winning Driver (2009)

• I think I remember that the centers (female) were attached to clips that bolted to the floor in the center. I might could dig through my parts bin and find the clips, but I think the belts were stiched to them. They were dry rotted badly (as was the seat) which is why I removed them both.

DrJ

• Should i just tell him to buy new belts for the rear? I tried all the parts we could find tonight and couldn't seem to come up with anything I could put togethar. Like I said any pics might help, I'm not sure what I'm trying to do. I did find your TJ center rear seat belt females. (Does that make sense) But unfortunately doesn't help with the YJ's.
    :doh:

Former V.P. (2006-2007)

• There will not be a complete set there. Andrew gave me the TJ stuff which wound up in the front with the extenders. The originals were tossed, they were so bad. New ones will at least come with good hardware and instructions. They are on ebay used and new regularly. Sorry I couldn't be more help.

BTW, I have the poly main eye bushings from the shackle lift. Brand new. does Nathan want them? If so, I'll try to remember them for the next meeting.

S.

BTW, I have the poly main eye bushings from the shackle lift. Brand new. does Nathan want them? If so, I'll try to remember them for the next meeting.

If you think he'll need them then bring them. Thats like speaking Polish to me. I don't know the YJ language real well yet. If you start speaking TJ I'll understand. (Atleast a little better)
    :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

Former V.P. (2006-2007)

• I completely understand... I learned what a coil spring insulator was this week, and that it isn't on a YJ!

This is a whole new experience. The YJ is really a truck. I'll feel better once I see how this TJ is on a trail. The two extra cylinders have been fun (but the KJ is still WAY faster)!

• Just a suggestion - if you're putting seatbelts in for kids or their safety seats - get new ones!!! As a former CPS tech (Child Passenger Safety) I cannot stress enough the importance of properly installed and safe seat belts and safety seats. Seat belts from junk yards have sometimes already been in a crash and could have been stressed in places that are invisible to the naked eye. I'll get off :soapbox: now.

If it&#39;s not dirty, I&#39;m not having fun!<br /><br />&#39;97 TJ SE 5 speed 4 banger - NO BLING<br /><br />REAL JEEPS HAVE 2 DOORS!

• Replacing the rear seat belts is expensive, that's why we decided to take out the rear seat and sell the kids instead.

j/k...good point Sara...buy new ones!

DrJ

• Quote from "DrJ"

Replacing the rear seat belts is expensive, that's why we decided to take out the rear seat and sell the kids instead.
    DrJ

[size=7px]LOL !![/size]

Thats funny stuff! I had to laugh low, so Wifey didnt hear and think I wanted to sell ours. ;)

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!