How BIG is TOO BIG

• Ok since i'm new i will start with some background. I ran an 87 XJ on 6.5 in of lift , 1.75 lift shackles in the rear and 36in swampers with creative trimming. I would like to replace my rear leafsprings due to axle wrap bending and twisting them.

So now it the question "How big is too big?" . I would want some more clearance for the 36's but at the same time not having to use a step ladder to get into it. I was looking at doing a set of big offroad 8in rear leaf packs(total lift 9 to 9.5in plus the lift shackles) and an acos to level out the front. The only problem is would that be to big to use on trails, should i just stick with the 6.5 lift and just beef up the bumpstops.[/b]

• Judging by how much ground clearance you have now compared to some of the other jeeps i would stay where you are. There are several jeeps that have much less ground clearance and much less room for flex who do fine on the hardcore trails. If i were you i would just replace your wrapped up springs and be done. Your already locked and ready to rock.

2000 Sahara, All custom...
    2000 Cherokee Police package, Beater....

I may be slowest and the stupidest

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!