cb locations

• for the antenna, or to mount the radio?

for the radio, mount it wherever you can easily reach and hear it, without it getting in the way. The best spot depends on which vehicle you have, and how you feel about putting holes into the plastic of your Jeep. :) for my XJ, the spot I've got lined up is on the passenger side of the center console near the drink holders. A lot of people mount it under the passenger-side dash, but I don't want to reach that far.

for the antenna, it really depends on which vehicle you have, for a solid-top vehicle (XJ, KJ, WJ, etc) just mount it on the roof. I've seen some run the cable out the lift-gate and then along the roof-rack. For the best signal, place it in the center of the roof. For the open-top vehicles, most are mounted near the back bumper, or on a special mount above one of the brake lights. I don't have any experience mounting those, though.

Jerry / Whatevah

2020 Gladiator Mojave - 33" Falken mud tires, LoD side steps, Zroadz bed rack, Quadratec QRC winch bumper, Superwinch EPi 9.0, Kleinn on-board air, Kleinn air horns, lots of lights, Yaesu ham radio with GPS tracker.

Gone- 2012 JK Rubicon with stuff. Long gone- Long-arm 2001 Cherokee with stuff.

• Quote from "lcmike1"

need info. on placement of cb radio.what would be a good location.lcmike

Welcome to DeJA. :wavey:

Not too many mounting choices in a Wrangler.

How big is the radio ?

• Howdy and Welcome to DeJA :wavey:

A little more info would be be helpful.

What are you putting the radio in?
    What CB radio are you trying to install?

I mounted my Realistic CB to the front of my center console. If I ever get a cage built, It'll be mounted overhead. :peace:

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!