Modification process begins (Need Help)

• I finally coming home this Thursday. I get to leave a few days early so this Friday I'm going to install the motor mounts and shock relocation brackets.

The weekend of the 25th hopefully the 3.5" lift, upper control arms, shocks, and front track bar.

And then the week of the 4th the skidplate, SYE, and driveshaft.

I'd like to have everything installed before Camp Jeep. So any help would be greatly appriciated.

Can you say "Wrenching Party"

• Quote from "dmaster"

wow, sounds like you got alot to do. let us know when and where. if i can make it i will be there.

I'm going to be busy for the next few weekends. All work will be done at my driveway unless someone offers a better location. The first phase I was planning on doing this Friday late morning weather permiting.

• Motor mounts are installed. It took just under 2 hours. I didn't have any problems, although I had to take the bracket off also on the drivers side because of the AC.

Next is the rear shock relocation brackets.

• you dont nee a spring compressor. just remove the track bar and sway bar and let the axle go full droop, the springs will all but fall out

• Rear shock relocation brackets are on. I didn't have much problem getting them on. I did need to chisel some of the trail rash off one of the shock perches and a BFH to get them in place, but not as hard as I thought and I didn't bring out the grinder either.

Next is the lift, oh wait a minute. It hasn't arrived yet.

• Quote from "certk9"

you dont nee a spring compressor. just remove the track bar and sway bar and let the axle go full droop, the springs will all but fall out

well....he still has the stock control arms on it. they'll droop enough to get the factory springs out - but not the new 3.5" RE springs in. that'll require either compressors or the removal of the lowest control arm bolt on each side (fwd lower control arm mount bolt) to get full droop - it's that mounting point that hinders the droop from going any further. case in point - the reason the kit is called the "super flex" is because the lower control arms included have the lower mount point welded on at an offset angle - allowing longer, or lower droop once installed. at least that's how i've interpreted it. either way - he'll be putting in new lowers - and that'll get him plenty of droop for the springs.
    good luck kenny - call if you have any questions :)
    chris (cell # in member's section)

• I'm going to start working on the jeep tomorrow (Tuesday the 6th) I'll be installing the super short SYE and skid plate. Wednesday the lift is suppose to arrive so I'll be installing the superflex lift that day minus the lower control arms (they are still on backorder) I could really use some help because I have to have everything installed and measured for the new drive shaft by Thurday midday so that I can get a driveshaft delivered in time for Camp Jeep.

• The SYE is on the jeep. I didn't have any problems. Most of the problems came from the skid plate which I had to put the 1" spacers on. The TC shifter linkage was wedged up against the body without the spacers. I'm not sure if I'm doing something wrong because it is suppose to fit without the spacers. Spacers is suppose to be for the rubicon TC only.

I also found my rattle that developed after the motor mount lift. My exhaust pipe was up against the the upper control are bracket. I had it modified at monroe mufflers today also.

My lift is on schedule as per UPS and should be delivered tomorrow. Is there anyone who can help with the installation of the lift?

• Kenny pm some directions to me. I will be working tonight and am going to try and sleep/work tomorrow but depending on when you are working I might be able to lend a hand.

Jason

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!