Doing lift need some help. ** LIFT COMPLETED ** Thanks!

• I see there are about 3 or 4 people that can help today. I do work and get off at 5pm, I am going to try to get out early so I can finsh. If the ones are can help today (monday) call me at 367-4121 I should be able to let you know what is going on, and call you when I get off. Me and John did get the upper and lower right side arms on. Both old springs and shocks are removed. The left side lower are is done. Still need to do:

Left side upper, both springs, both shocks, and quick disconnects on the rear. Then the rear new brake line. The last thing is to bleed the brakes. It would be great to get this done today! Going into a week worth of work (paper calls for 8 hours) OK......... Dont see how.....

Thanks everyone.
    John Davis
    302-367-4121

P.S. Thanks agian John for helping for a few hours yesterday night.

• wait did you do thr whole right side first than star on the left?

bLaTaNt DiSrEgArD<br /><br /><br />TJ 98 4 banger gone but not fogotten<br />WJ 02 limited- Do all vehicle &quot;QUICK THROW A LOCKER AT IT!!!&quot;

• By left side upper, are you referring to control arms? If so are they adjustable? You'll need them to be when you get your SYE. If they aren't, I wouldn't bother putting them on, and exchanging them for the adjustables because with 6 inches of lift, you will need one. I've got about 4" of lift, a T-case drop and MML and still have vibes.

I may be able to swing by and help out today. I'm all point and click. Tell me what to do and I can try but am still pretty green with all of this suspension craziness.

• I just got home it is 3pm. I am about ready to go out and get to work. This needs to be done today, if not I dont know when I will have time to work on it again. I have install the lower right then left then installed the left upper and now I am on the right upper.

Any help?

John

P.S. I will not be checking this till late so if you need to talk to me call me.
    367-4121

• No Problem John,Sorry I cant make it over again today tho,,I need to get some stuff done around the house.

The upper and lower are adjustable..I think it was 16 1/2 inches for lower I know for sure and the top was 13 1/2 I think or 14 1/2 or 15 1/2 oh well I forgot..Not sure.The Jeep looks like a monster even with the reguler tires installed.. :suspicious:

• alrighty then. I went there around 7ish and we got everything done...EXCEPT a few things

We got everything connected without the monster falling on us. Realize this is 6 inches of lift...on 30 inch tires...and the springs are huge. I brought a friend that was much more mechanically savvy then I was.

Couple of questions we have for all of you...which most likely will have to be followed with some clarifiacatioin

It is a 6 inch skyjacker lift...x series... and the rear passenger shock is up against the muffler. Does he have to cut the muffler?

the anti sway bar we had a lot of trouble getting connected and we think it might have to do with not installing the transfer case lowering kit. I also think that it is possible that the muffler will stop rubbing on the shock if that transfer case lowering kit is installed. We did not get the antisway bar connected. It did give us a relocation bracker..but it just wont fit into it right. Its above it.

We are going to attack it tommrowo afternoon after we get some answers to the questions...so please either call me or him. Call me at 275 4600.

We def. still need help so if anyone can please help please call or post!

• you can use a hammer to clear the muffler from the shock.

the tcase lowering kit will not help you now, as it is independent of the swaybar, exhaust, etc.

is the sway bar front or rear?

if it is the front, they are just a pain in the a$$.

for the rear, try loosening the bushings on the axle itself, allowing more play in the bar.

if you mean the track bar, try using pb blaster and a center punch. they should be able to line it up for you. Also, did you drill out the frame side mount?

• I hope to have this done tonight. I dont have any help only me and my son :shrug: what can I say. I have to install the transfer lower kit and cut the muffer to stop the rub. I also have to find a way to get the rear track bar in.....

John

• I have a tcase with the sye already in it and its all new, i also have the tom woods drive shaft for it. 350 bucks takes it all.

the lift calls for exhaust modification on the sites directions

• The 6" lift is now complete! I just need to work on the SYE and drive shaft. I would like to " THANK " Everyone that has helped with this lift. I know some of you were working and I just would like to again say thanks for coming over and giving me that extra hand that I needed!

Thanks Again,
    John Davis

• Quote from "life is jeeps"

I guess you got the shock figured out?

Yes I did. Everything went well tonight. Went to a test drive and have some vibs but that will be fixed when I can get the cash for a SYE and driveshaft. Thanks for stay late last night helping and tell your friend thanks too.

• Carl, I believe the plan is to run 33s with it. (check sig)

Did the kit come with quick disconnect rears? I've never heard of that and I've actually heard that disconnecting the rears can negatively impact your ability to flex up front. According to the website they're included in the kit - just wanted to see if you put them in.

Let's get some bigger pictures too! That Avatar doesn't do it justice. Looks good man - glad it all worked out in the end.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!