XJ lift planning help

• Im looking to hopfully put a little meat on my xj. I want to look like its been to the gym but not on steriods. Im think 31 or 32 inch tires. Most say I need a 2inch lift. I was wondering is there anywere that I can see pics of xj with diff lifts and tires that tell you the size so I could figure out what I want for sure. Also would like to see the diff between suspention and body lift. Im only looking for the look. Not looking to go rock crawling or anything. Most of my 4wheeling was in a stock pathfinder with 31 and no lift. I dont think I will doing anything harder than that. (At less not till the jeep is paid for with a second car on hand) Any help would be great. You could also send me pics with size info to webmaster@onebuckwild.com :read: :flag:

• First off, there is no body lift for an XJ we have a unibody structure. Your only choice is a suspension lift. In order to fit 31's clearly with no trimming your looking at no less then a 2" lift. With 32's you will most likely need around 3-3.5" of lift, unless you want to trim of course. I would grab a rough country or rustys 3" lift with replacement springs for around $400, then you can trim Just a tiny bit and fit some 32's. Let me know when your ready I can direct ya with lift and trimming and such...

02&#39; F250 SD w/ 285&#39;s and 17x9 1079&#39;s<br />99&#39; XJ w/ 8&quot; and 35&#39;s - GONE!<br /><br />I miss wheeling! :(

• oh yea to see pics to determine what you want go to Jeepforum.com then go to cherokee section, then wheeling pics or set-up pics and they tell you what they have.

Another great place is NAXJA.org go to forum then go to picture showcase then at the top go to members rigs and theres about 30+ pages of lift set-ups from stock to monster truck XJ's

02&#39; F250 SD w/ 285&#39;s and 17x9 1079&#39;s<br />99&#39; XJ w/ 8&quot; and 35&#39;s - GONE!<br /><br />I miss wheeling! :(

• http://www.delawareja.com/gallery/data/703/498campjeep2.jpg

mine's on the left, with a good inspiration on the right. I think he may have used a 3" kit from http://rustysoffroad.com/Merch…&Category_Code=sus_xj_kit

I'll probably get the budget boost for mine, I don't think a wedding photographer should show up at the church with a monster yellow Jeep. ;)

Jerry / Whatevah

2020 Gladiator Mojave - 33" Falken mud tires, LoD side steps, Zroadz bed rack, Quadratec QRC winch bumper, Superwinch EPi 9.0, Kleinn on-board air, Kleinn air horns, lots of lights, Yaesu ham radio with GPS tracker.

Gone- 2012 JK Rubicon with stuff. Long gone- Long-arm 2001 Cherokee with stuff.

• i just bought a 3" rusty's full leaf/coil spring kit for my cherokee i have yet to put it on....im only going to run 30" tires to keep it drivable since gas prices are ridiculous nowadays

It's A Jeep Thing...You Wouldn't Understand
    *bLaTaNt DiSrEgarD oFfRoAd*

• thanks. jeepforum was helpfull and the jerrys pic is what im looking for. thats the look I want to get. Hopefully Ill get it for christmas. I also do photography figure as long as I show up with it clean I think we will be ok with the weddings. LOL :laughing:
    whats the diff between the the lift with or without the springs? I guess what im asking is how will the springs effect me? :read:

• If your gonna do any wheeling get the springs, you'll regret It If not....especially If you can swing the extra 100 or so bucks get the full leaf springs...

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!