big lift with stock tires?

• I saw a black TJ at the Dover campus of Del Tech with at least a 3" lift, but had the stock "steelie" wheels and tires. :sniffle: I was laughing for about 30 seconds, until I realized I was late for class. lol

I realize that new wheels and tires are expensive, but dude... don't get a lift if you can't get tires to fit.

and, no... I didn't see a DeJA sticker on it.

Jerry / Whatevah

2020 Gladiator Mojave - 33" Falken mud tires, LoD side steps, Zroadz bed rack, Quadratec QRC winch bumper, Superwinch EPi 9.0, Kleinn on-board air, Kleinn air horns, lots of lights, Yaesu ham radio with GPS tracker.

Gone- 2012 JK Rubicon with stuff. Long gone- Long-arm 2001 Cherokee with stuff.

• Quote from "whatevah"

I saw a black TJ at the Dover campus of Del Tech with at least a 3" lift, but had the stock "steelie" wheels and tires. :sniffle: I was laughing for about 30 seconds, until I realized I was late for class. lol

I realize that new wheels and tires are expensive, but dude... don't get a lift if you can't get tires to fit.

and, no... I didn't see a DeJA sticker on it.

to each his own
    i have a 3" with 31's on my rubi
    i think it looks OK for now till i do get tires
    maybe he thinks his does too
    or maybe he had to try and get thru inspection

• Maybe hes doing it to save on gas. I myself am running 31's and have thought about putting stock tires on my extra set of wheels and running them to save gas. Right now im getting 16-18 mpg. if I go back stock I will see 20-21 mpg. Sure it will look a little silly but so what... It would save me money on gas and also wear and tear on my MT's

• For now Im thinking of removing my 33's and putting the 31's gamblers back on also the Tomken Rear Bumper/carrier setup I have installled..Untill this gas crises is over,Its killing my wallet!! :anger:

• speaking of silly looking Jeeps...

I was with a friend in Alabama, and this drove past us and pulled into a gas station. We could help but follow him to get a pic to laugh at later.

Jerry / Whatevah

2020 Gladiator Mojave - 33" Falken mud tires, LoD side steps, Zroadz bed rack, Quadratec QRC winch bumper, Superwinch EPi 9.0, Kleinn on-board air, Kleinn air horns, lots of lights, Yaesu ham radio with GPS tracker.

Gone- 2012 JK Rubicon with stuff. Long gone- Long-arm 2001 Cherokee with stuff.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!