xj upper control arms

• i'm still working on trying to get rid of the front end vibration on my 00' xj. i jacked it up and put jackstands under the frame. i noticed i get a little movement from the driver side upper control arm. the bushings seem spongier on the drivers than the passenger side. i tried to tighten the bolts but they won't budge. do i have to change the whole control arm or just the bushing. i can't imagine that thier hard to change. does anyone know what the torque specs are supposed to be?

• maybe i can use this as a excuse to put on a lift. a 4" will replace just about everything. a costly way to fix the problem.

• i'd ask around for some take-off OEM control arms to replace your worn out ones. tons of people have the old arms that they replace when going to a full suspension lift. i have two spare sets in my garage...but unfortunately they are spares for erica's tj and a new set for our xj. anyone else have some spares?
    chris

• I dont know dude Ive been off roading my jeep like i stole it for years.
    mileage way over 200, with the same factory upr control arms.
    I do ride down I95 some times and it seems fine.what kind of trouble
    are you havin?

• when i checked the front end on monday it seemed like the drivers side bushings were spongier than the passenger side. when i tried to tighten the bolts the control arm seemed to twist alot. i also noticed (with the truck on the ground) if i push back on the axle the body would lift instead of rolling back. passenger side didn't do this.

i have a bad shimmy/vibration coming from the front end. i replaced the track bar, steering stabalizer, had the tires balanced and rotated and the front end aligned. made no differance in the vibration. its happens on certain road sufaces and when i turn a curve. i've had death wobble before. this isn't as bad, feels like it's on the verge of death wobble. the bearings, ball joints and tie rods feel tight. i getting frustrated with this problem. i drive my xj 60-70 miles a day.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!