Katrina benefit ride - video

• courtsey of grn94yj...

http://www.whatevah.com/katrina_ride-small.wmv .... 6.25mb

Jerry / Whatevah

2020 Gladiator Mojave - 33" Falken mud tires, LoD side steps, Zroadz bed rack, Quadratec QRC winch bumper, Superwinch EPi 9.0, Kleinn on-board air, Kleinn air horns, lots of lights, Yaesu ham radio with GPS tracker.

Gone- 2012 JK Rubicon with stuff. Long gone- Long-arm 2001 Cherokee with stuff.

• a random plastic piece was missing, a nice dent in the rocker guard....AND the front facia had a nice dent in it....not sure where. his fender flare took a nice beating too..

not damange you could get at the groccery store.

• the guy in the red wrangler should have tried appling the brakes to try to get some power to the other wheels maybe even setting the e brake a couple of clicks could have sent some power to the wheels that were on the ground still.. just a though for the future

• Quote from "joo"

what years does that work for?

it may work for all what it does is provide the vehicle with a sense of traction once a tire comes off the ground. the way a limited slip differential works is when a tire comes off the ground all the power goes to the tire off the ground so when using the brakes it provides resistance to the tire in the air and then potentially transfers power to the tire on the ground. this can also sometimes help a open diff... anyway its alway worth a try dejeepman tried it on the last ride and it got him thru a hole he was stuck in. and I am pretty sure he is open in the rear.

• Does anybody know if theres another video form the katrina run floaiting around? I'm suppositly on it, just wanted to check out my awesome driving. :suspicious:

• Quote from "Da Mutt"

the guy in the red wrangler should have tried appling the brakes to try to get some power to the other wheels maybe even setting the e brake a couple of clicks could have sent some power to the wheels that were on the ground still.. just a though for the future

Yeah, worked well for me in the open/open XJ, i would do like 4-5 clicks on the e-brake to really put some tension on the rear and i could keep the rear from unloading to the tire in the air, which took a lot with how well my suspension flexed.

Jason

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!