YJ dash lights???

• just picked up a 95 YJ. the speedo, heat controls and the smaller gauge (idiot lights??) dont work. all other lights do work.

where are the bulbs for this (havent had time to play with it much

felt behind the speedo and didnt feel a wire so im assuming it is on a circut board and i have to pull the dash face off.

anyone know??

also. the dimmer switch is either on or off. no adjustment. going to replace it anyway but will this contribute to the problem??

• i would think you want to check fuses with that many bulbs out, however im pretty sure the speedo and tach are on the some circuit so that doesnt make much sense unless your tach is dark too. other than that i know that light behind my heater controls is constantly ending up falling to places where it shouldnt be, so it might be lighting up the inside of your dash somewhere. this is prolly no help to you, but its all i have to tell ya.

• if its anything like mine. the lights are stuck in the back of the gauges. i know yours is a 95. i wouldn't think they would be to different. there should be a bulb on each side of the gauges. if the bulbs haven't changes they require a plastic blue cover if you can't use the old ones. there avail. from 4 wheel hardware. good luck

• I had the same issue with all of my gauges not working when i got my YJ. Turns out the guy who had it before me, when replacing the drivers seat bolted the seat right down through the seat belt warning wire. And that shorted out everything in the dash. Took me months before I figured that out. Point of the story is, if it's not the fuses it could be just about anything!

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!