My LED's are done

• After lots of big holes in the back of my TJ here is the finished product. Not a very hard install but cutting a 4.5" hole in the back of my almost new to me TJ was pretty difficult(mentally :p ) I used 2" LED's for the side marker light and my 3rd brake light. THe reverse lights are 19.95 walmart driving lights.

Big thanks to Artie for braving the rain to help me with the install.

• I like the location of the third brake light. I might have to try that myself, though without the LED. I was thinking of making it a back up light.

Member since 2000

Jeeps Owned'79 CJ5:

Specs-

- 258 I6

- '93 Cherokee fuel injection and HO head,

- bored 30 over

- with 4x4 cam

T18 tranny with granny low / Dana 18 t-case

Dana 44 front and back from late '70s Wagoneer, both locked and loaded with 4.88 gears

SOA on modified YJ springs with shackle reversa

Fiberglass tub with 6 point cage mounted to the frame

2015 Grand Cherokee Limited
    Spec-

Quadratec Floor mats

• Does anyone know if side marker lights and reverse lights are a must have to pass with the DMV. I putt LED's in but didnt put side markers or reverse lights in because I didnt like the way they looked. I went through inspection with a burnt out front side marker light and nobody said anything.

Bryan

• The side marker lights are a roll of the dice, I went through 3 times with no front right marker light, and the other side burnt out. 4th time someone finally said something. I dont think theres anything on the books about the reverse lights, just depends on who you get. You do need a tag light though.

• I put the side markers and the reverse lights on since I am in PA and they are required up here. So is a license plate light but couldn't find anything I like locally so I ordered on of These. I am curious how it will fit but I am sure with a little coaxing it will be fine.[/url]

• FYI- I have seen a lot of street rods running bolt lights for the nightime license plate running lights. The CB rack guy http://www.cbrack.com has them online and Keystone stocks them IIRC and they do pass inspection here in PA

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!