new year's eve run

• Damn guys wish i was there, if my jeep werent a jeep i would have.....The falling snow makes for great pictures.... :throwpc:

• Welp My Jeep didnt make it out injury free either.

Looks like Team Smurf managed to blow out a Driver Unit Bearing.

I have no idea when that happened, but that trail is relentless so it could have been anywhere.

It's all better now. Only took 10 minutes to fix and I still have 2 spares. These 37s are slowly beating the hell outa my front axle.
    :)

It was definately a lot of fun even from the passenger seat. It's nice to know I have a proficient driver when needed.

• Quote from "turtle"

What is he asking for it? and what brackets, width and Bolt pattern?

It is in a 2003 TJ with a LCG long arm and has a 5X5.5 bolt pattern. Mike, this is the same guy with the Atlas you are buying. He wants to build an uber-60Hi9 with high-steer behind the axle with a wider axle because he is running those monster Pit Bull tires.

• Yes the lowers are in stock locations, but the uppers are triangulated at the top unless someone welded on upper stock locations, you might want too ask if they are there also...

• His was one of the first LCG kits and he had some tera dude fly in to develop the kit on his rig so it may be different than newer kits. Either way, welding brackets on should not kill the deal sinice it is a pretty easy thing on that housing.

• Yes the earlier kits are still the same in the front, only thing that changed was the rear truss....

• Well i beat the hell out it and a broken cardan joint slowed it down.
    Now for the cuttin and bendin and weldin and all that stuff ill be off the trail for a while so i will see yall later on the trail......

Brian

• It was a great day out on the trails. We had a small group of very capable vehicles, with some new drivers in old rigs. Here is the list of who showed:

1) elff with Kate driving
    2) Artie with Ian spotting
    3) turtle with Claire driving
    4) Paul, abbey and Snapp riding, driving, and spotting
    5) Andrew driving w/ Chris (bmf24) spotting
    6) jwalk with snapp riding
    7) Brian with barbie spotting

We headed straight for the Creek with Artie and Ian leading and Jwalk tailgunning.

It was the usual day out there. Ton's of lines to try, LOTS of rocks. Anyone who has run the trail will tell you it is nonstop. It is rated as a red when it is dry out, add snow and it is ridiculous.

It was a fun day for all who attended, thanks for coming!

breakage:
    elff- unit bearing
    paul- 1.5 shackle hangers
    brian- drive shaft
    andrew- steering and gear oil leak
    jwalk- tie rod ends
    turtle- none?
    Artie- none?

• thanks again for letting us tag along. i had a great time. when m junk is done i will be looking to do it again (hopefully without the snow)

here are a few of the pics that i took.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!