xj air

• other than paying the high price for a snorkel is thier any way to stop the motor from sucking water in through the air box any suggestions.

• having a clutch-driven fan can be bad too. you may not even get deep enough in the water for ingesting to the intake when the fan will eat the radiator. there are a few on the board with electric versions that may be able to help you.
    chris

• well, if the water is near the intake hole on the airbox, there really isn't much you can do. if you felt creative, you could possibly rig up a plastic tube and run it higher in the engine compartment, but there isn't a lot of room, especially without hot engine parts waiting to melt the plastic.

if you're just worried about water splashing up when you go through a puddle too fast, then you could rig up a simple splash guard, but the way the airbox is set up, air is pulled UP through the filter, so having a little water in the box isn't a big problem.

but, lets see what XJ99 says... :D

Jerry / Whatevah

2020 Gladiator Mojave - 33" Falken mud tires, LoD side steps, Zroadz bed rack, Quadratec QRC winch bumper, Superwinch EPi 9.0, Kleinn on-board air, Kleinn air horns, lots of lights, Yaesu ham radio with GPS tracker.

Gone- 2012 JK Rubicon with stuff. Long gone- Long-arm 2001 Cherokee with stuff.

• not much to say but do some search's I cant tell you the bazillion articles I'v read before fabbing up a snorkel....you could do something like mine, or run a cowl snorkel up to the windsheild, or Just simply taking out the stock air box and throwing on a ricer Intake up higher will do the trick...check out NAXJA.org, you aint gonna get much luck here for thoughts on XJ fab's....go to google and search for "Go Jeep website" "Mad XJ articles" theres tons of writes on how to build both regular and cowl style snorkels....Its really a matter of personal preference but they all do the same thing....Mines ugly, but It works ;), See pictures from me in the tank trap....

02&#39; F250 SD w/ 285&#39;s and 17x9 1079&#39;s<br />99&#39; XJ w/ 8&quot; and 35&#39;s - GONE!<br /><br />I miss wheeling! :(

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!