recomended lift kit

• same here jeep_mud@yahoo.com

well itlooks like no matter what im spendin like 1000+ which aint happen with mmi around the corner so i think the good old shackle/body lift combo will have to do. then at least ill keep my stock ride i like it alot. mabey 1 1/4 shackles and 1 inch bl

• 4 inches of lift on a yj is a little different than a tj, but if you want your mind to be 100% at ease you would need the sye.

• i cant take chances withsomethin that important to gettin home so oh well. mabey after college ill get another jeep and see what happens. so for now ill stick with the cheap easy

• Quote from "michael"

I WOULDN'T RECOMMEND TRAIL MASTER BECAUSE I USE TO HAVE ON MY CHEOKEE A 4IN AND THE SHORCKS RUSTED QUICK AND SQUEEK AND THERE LIFTS COME ONLY WITH THE MIN. STUFF, THE CHEAPEST WAY TO LIFE.

so are those the ones you sold me! haha jk they are better than the 3 year old rough country shocks i had that were really rough and rusted.....these shocks arent too bad, they dont squeek and there isnt much rust on them??

It's A Jeep Thing...You Wouldn't Understand
    *bLaTaNt DiSrEgarD oFfRoAd*

• yeah, i have a pretty old 4" rancho and it is one ruff ride, and as far as SYE i dont have one, but i have broken 2 U-joints on the road...could this be caused by no SYE and if not what is causing this?

• I am running the RE 4.5" E.D. kit w/o a SYE and the only drawback is the vibes. I also did the transfer case drop with 4* shims in the rear to help and at full droop (I tested in my garage not on the trail!) my shaft does not pull out. Don't get me wrong, I think a SYE is the way to go and when money allows I am going to do it but there are ways to band aid it. HTH.

so a t-case drop should solve the breaking u-joints?

I wouldn't say that but I do know severe driveline angles can cause premature u-joint failure. By adding the t-case drop and shims you are decreasing the angle of the driveshaft thus putting less stress on the joints. Like I said it's a band aid fix......

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!