recomended lift kit

• i've decide the soa is to exspensive for me :badidea: . so im gonna get a lift kit instead. i want 32 - 33s so already now i need to regear and will probably do the axle swap :welder: . however due to the short rear drive shaft i need to know what is the max lift before sye is required and i mean comfortably not it should be alright as long as you dont push it kinda of stuff. i rather save up spend the money then have it break and not have any money and be stranded.

these are the kits i was thinkin

3.5 fabtech = 730 $
    3.5 blackdiamond = 580 $
    4 rancho = 730 - 760 $
    4 trailmaster = 544 $

i was thinkn bd but dont know how reliable they are

all kits have new leafs shocks and drop pitmans, ect.

so what do you guys think i want the most bag for my buck

• hehe I saw a YJ in new jersey with 3 inches (or more) of body lift. a 1" body lift kit is around $70, a 2" kit is around $100. that much body lift, though.... generally isn't the best idea.

on the other hand, a SOA kit for a YJ is only $308 at http://www.jeepinoutfitters.co…rodView.asp?idproduct=150

if you want a full suspension lift kit, Jeepin has a 4" Rubicon Express kit for $700 at http://www.jeepinoutfitters.co…rodView.asp?idproduct=148 free shipping and free shocks

Jerry / Whatevah

2020 Gladiator Mojave - 33" Falken mud tires, LoD side steps, Zroadz bed rack, Quadratec QRC winch bumper, Superwinch EPi 9.0, Kleinn on-board air, Kleinn air horns, lots of lights, Yaesu ham radio with GPS tracker.

Gone- 2012 JK Rubicon with stuff. Long gone- Long-arm 2001 Cherokee with stuff.

• there is alot mor to a soa then that. from what i understand its like 5.5 inch lift. so i gotta definately get sye ne gears and big tires so it dont look goofy. plus i want new springs and 700 is to much

• i have a cheap $389 4 inch rough country lift. Honestly i think the only downside to it is that the ride is very rough, otherwise it was complete and has held up for going on 4 years now, the springs sagging hasnt seemed to be a problem either. If you are concerned about ride quality i would go with another lift, otherwise i seem to be getting by just fine with mine. I have never seen/heard any stories about people running into problems without an sye on a 4 inch suspension lift for a YJ, so you should be ok, however you are maxxing out the travel on the slip yoke so its not entirely out of the question. Id say if you can stand the idea of the really rough ride go with the cheaper kit, and put the extra cash into an sye to keep your mind at ease.

(my kit had brake line relocators/shocks/springs/steel bar t-case lowering bars/pitman arm/u-bolts/trackbar lowering brackets/extended bump stops, just to give you an idea of what to look for in a complete kit)

• hmmm...looks like they raised the price to $429 and added longer sway bar links, which was somethign that should be included anyway but they should have made them a quick disconnect style instead of regular, stils seems to be a pretty good value though. Also i would suggest not worrying about the gears until after youve got the tires on. It will give you a chance to see how much the difference in driving bothers you and make a better decision on gears.

• If you really want a lift that will not cost alot and get you the height you need for 33-32's then get a 2.5" add-a-leaf + a 1"bl all together it should cost you:
    64$ for leafs(ebay)
    100$ for shocks
    90$ for bl
    50$ for pitman arm(ebay)
    2$ for new center pins
    maybe sway bar links also(80$)
    -------------------------
    306$ total, without sway bar link.
    I ran my first jeep that way and beat the hell out of it and it could take everything i could through at it. you really dont need to regear unless you plan on really getting into rocks and mud or untill you get up to 35" tires.

• i think my springs are alittle worn out so i would like new springs and shocks
    if i lift my jeep im just gonna get a kit and the ones stated above are the ones i would like to get also mabey blackmountain its just that i dont know which how good the brands really are

• I WOULDN'T RECOMMEND TRAIL MASTER BECAUSE I USE TO HAVE ON MY CHEOKEE A 4IN AND THE SHORCKS RUSTED QUICK AND SQUEEK AND THERE LIFTS COME ONLY WITH THE MIN. STUFF, THE CHEAPEST WAY TO LIFE.

• so im down to

3.5 fabtech = 730 $
    3.5 blackdiamond = 580 $
    4 rancho = 730 - 760 $

ill probably get the bd for $ reasons but are there stuff tuff enough

• i HAVE HEARD AND SEEN THAT FABTECH IN A REALLY NICE LIFT FOR LOOKS, ALSO RANCHO IS GOOD FOR LOOKS AND I HAVE HERD GOOD FOR LONG TERM AND DURIBILITY.

• Quote from "CRFjeepGUY"

would a 4inch lift be too much without a sye

more often than not
    yes it would be
    some say u should have an sye on anything after 3"
    some say 4"
    i say every jeep is different
    and i believe if u went with a 4"lift
    u will need a SYE

hth

• I AGREE WITH ANDREW, I HAVE JUST OVER 4INCHES AND I HAVE FLEXED AND MY DRIVE SHAFT CAME OFF. THAT HAPPEN TWICE.

• well i know that you should put an sye on after like 4-5"s but i had about 9.5" of suspension lift before i put mine on, and i wish i had done it alot earlier but it still drove well aside from the vibs and never had a problem off road, so i think its personal preference on when to put it on, if you feel vibs from the driveline and you dont like it put on an sye, but if you can tolerate it lift it more until you cant :xmasbiggrin:

• Quote from "ckr14018"

well i know that you should put an sye on after like 4-5"s but i had about 9.5" of suspension lift before i put mine on, and i wish i had done it alot earlier but it still drove well aside from the vibs and never had a problem off road, so i think its personal preference on when to put it on, if you feel vibs from the driveline and you dont like it put on an sye, but if you can tolerate it lift it more until you cant :xmasbiggrin:

SOUNDS IMPRESSIVE, DO YOU HAVE ANY PICTURES OF IT?

• i can email you some pics but cant post them for some reason, give me your email and ill send them if you want.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!