• so what years did the SE's come with a larger size ?
    or were they always larger?

and what rpm do stock alternators(no matter what size)
    make maximum output??

or where is the best place to research this info ??

• the FSM for Erica's 2001 shows an 81amp, 117amp, and a 124amp. all three could be found on either the 2.5L or the 4.0L engine. there must be some rhyme or reason to it....but i'm not sure what it is. i still don't know the different amperage outputs at different rpm's though. the book doesn't say anything about that.
    chris

• well, you could try using a voltage meter and have somebody read it, while you play with the skinny pedal and watch the tach. right?

Jerry / Whatevah

2020 Gladiator Mojave - 33" Falken mud tires, LoD side steps, Zroadz bed rack, Quadratec QRC winch bumper, Superwinch EPi 9.0, Kleinn on-board air, Kleinn air horns, lots of lights, Yaesu ham radio with GPS tracker.

Gone- 2012 JK Rubicon with stuff. Long gone- Long-arm 2001 Cherokee with stuff.

• guess that would work

if u can come down to help me do it

i found something about it on the ROF

this sound right

the voltage regulator is variable and it can bump the voltage up when it's needed.

It can make more voltage @ 1,500 RPM's if the amperage draw is high, and cut it back @ higher RPM's

lmk what u think

reason behind asking is i just installed my hand throttle
    so to u guys with them
    what do u lock the throttle at when u r winching and/or running all ur trail lights ??

chris u have one right ??

• wouldn't it be more of a search for gaining better amperage levels at any given rpm instead of the voltage gains? i may be thinking about it all wrong though. sorry though - no hand throttle on mine. the only lights on my jeep are factory (housings) and i haven't even had the chance to use my winch other than setting the cable.

i still have the kwan setup somewhere on the list of bling mods...but it's not too high on the list since i'll always have someone around to run the pendant for me.
    chris

**edit**
    i did some more surfing and only could come up with this - most OEM alternators put out their highest rated amperage amount by the time they reach the 2000 rpm point. i know, not very concrete - but alot of sites are blocked to me here at my location. i learned that premier power welder use a two-step increase. not only is their alternator beefier and putting out higher amperage settings - it's also coupled with a smaller pulley that keeps it spinning at higher than stock rpm's. sounds like maybe getting an alternator from one of the newer jeeps (the 136a ones) and coupling it with a slightly smaller pulley would be a benefit? good luck!

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!