wheeling with the enemy

• I have nothing against de4wd, and maybe sometime I'll make a run with you guys....I referred him over, because I was just being helpful.

I figured its great that he wants to join us jeeps, and go on a ride with us, but he might find another land rover/disco over there at de4wd. I don't cruise the site alot...so I wasn't sure. But I figured it might help him out.

• :safeyet Wow didn't mean to start all this. it startred as kind of a fun topic, because I use to wheel with DEJA when I had my tj. I met alot of cool people over here and thats the only reason i asked about goin wheeling with you guys in my rover. I know this is a JEEP club, and i'm not trying to join or say my rover is better or anything like that. O well I hope to see you guys on the trail sometime.

• Quote from "Spedly"

:safeyet Wow didn't mean to start all this...

This comes up now and then, and I think it's healthy to keep talking about it. The club is as we have made it. If the membership wants to change something, we change it. We can discuss and debate to what level we want people to be able to participate with jeeps and without jeeps, but the bottom line is that this is a jeep club.

I'm glad that delaware 4wd is out there, and I've enjoyed the outings that DeJA and delaware 4wd have had together. I hope these continue. Virtually all of our events (trail rides are only the half of it) are open to all individuals, members and non-members, jeepers or non-jeepers. We meet good people and do stuff together. But we are still a Jeep club, so please non-jeepers don't be offended if certain privileges are reserved for jeep owners.

As Trail Boss, I never refused a request by a member to bring along a non-jeep guest, as long as the vehicle was properly equipped. I don't expect that to change much under the new Board. (FYI, Blue Mountain Jeep Alliance, our nearest big brother club, does not permit non-Jeep vehicles at any club-sponsored event.)

How about everyone come to our meeting on Sunday to continue the discussion? :wavey:

Andrew

How about everyone come to our meeting on Sunday to continue the discussion?

I would like to, but my boss is finally going to come out and play paintball so I have just got to play :yevil: :grin:

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!