wheeling with the enemy

• Jut wondering how you guys felt about non jeeps tagging along on some of your trail rides. Reason I ask is because i'm in the middle of building a Land Rover Discovery to take wheeling, and I can't find any other clubs around that go wheeling as much or have as many diverse groups of wheelers(stock-hardcore) as DEJA. I know I know I should have bought a jeep but the price was right and I wanted to try something different. look forward to getting back into things. thanks
    steve

• I dont see It being a problem going on the open rides...I think we've had an assornment of Suzuki's, Nissan's, and all kinds of non Jeeps on our open rides...

02&#39; F250 SD w/ 285&#39;s and 17x9 1079&#39;s<br />99&#39; XJ w/ 8&quot; and 35&#39;s - GONE!<br /><br />I miss wheeling! :(

• you only need 2 other 4wd vehicles to go to paragon.....i dont discriminate....i love the defender 90s wish they would make them again...just post up when you want to go and im sure id go if its a weekend and I could wrangle up a few other jeeps to go.....my friends are flying up from florida in mid feb and I want to take them up to paragon to show them what fourwheeling is all about so if you want to go them let me know.

-kevin

It's A Jeep Thing...You Wouldn't Understand
    *bLaTaNt DiSrEgarD oFfRoAd*

• There is no enemy in my book. Having a variety of vehicles actually makes it more interesting because of the different suspension, drive train, and vehicle configurations.

Member since 2000

Jeeps Owned'79 CJ5:

Specs-

- 258 I6

- '93 Cherokee fuel injection and HO head,

- bored 30 over

- with 4x4 cam

T18 tranny with granny low / Dana 18 t-case

Dana 44 front and back from late '70s Wagoneer, both locked and loaded with 4.88 gears

SOA on modified YJ springs with shackle reversa

Fiberglass tub with 6 point cage mounted to the frame

2015 Grand Cherokee Limited
    Spec-

Quadratec Floor mats

• Quote from "1TonTJ"

Come over to Delaware4wd. joo has the link wrong though its http://www.delaware4wd.com

we have stock stuff to a juggy w/ rockwells in progress.

My mistake....if you want, you can give me your email addy, or I can PM you because we will occasionally take trips to the Pine Barrens again, and well let you know so you can come.

We had a Suburban, a Tracker, a K5 Blazer, Tacoma, and several other 4wd vehicles come with us to the pine barrens.

• DeJA Trail rides are seldom limited to members. I don't recall a DeJA only ride in my time at DeJA (maybe the DeJA Chicks' ride was?). We ARE concerned with equipment, so check out the trail ride equipment sticky to be sure you have everything required. Also, look at the specific ride to be sure there are others similarly equipped. Ask questions about the trails BEFORE you go, be sure you're comfortable, and hit it!

Personally, the more varied the vehicles, the more I like it.

...and a good number of us here are DE4WD members as well, so being a member of BOTH is a good choice!

DrJ

• Spedly wheeled with Deja in his jeep... I'm pretty sure he is familiar with the needed trail ride equipment and the off road parks in the area. Would be good to see you back on the trail... even in the land rover.

On the S&S trail ride New Year's Eve there was a group of Land rovers there. We ran into them a couple of times on the West side of RC. Looked to be a few very capable 4x4's in the group. They only thing I saw in common was most of them belonged to one of the fire Dept. in PA. Not sure of a 4x4 club affiliation.

• I knew the name was familiar, but the question threw me off. I always wanted a LR, especially the soft top version...Defender?

DrJ

• great topic, when you have brand X, you go first. test that puddle, find out how deep it is.

Michael Slotwinski (SLINKY)
    1993 Chevy Suburban 1500 4x4
    http://www.firststatecorvairclub.com
    1999 Powerwheels Babrie Jeep Currently driven by my daughter
    Hey you were at the WalMart Speed Bump Climb in 1999? you were the one with the winch, right?

• Hey, doesn't matter IMO. I wheeled a Disco Series II for some time before I got into Jeeps:

I'd say even if you have an H2 or H3, come along... that way we can get plenty of pics recovering you :)

-Rick R<br />-Quadratec Online Community Coordinator<br />-&#039;15 JKU - &#039;98 &amp; &#039;01 Pontiac Firebird Trans Ams - &#039;03 VW Golf Turbo Diesel<br />FDNY 9/11/01 - We will never forget our fallen brothers

• Quote from "SLINKY"

great topic, when you have brand X, you go first. test that puddle, find out how deep it is.

Or when you have a bright yellow, stock XJ.

-Rick R<br />-Quadratec Online Community Coordinator<br />-&#039;15 JKU - &#039;98 &amp; &#039;01 Pontiac Firebird Trans Ams - &#039;03 VW Golf Turbo Diesel<br />FDNY 9/11/01 - We will never forget our fallen brothers

• Thanks guys. I knew there was a reason I likied the jeep comunity. Hopefully soon I get the rover up and running so I can come out and play. Oh and those defenders sell used for more then they were new so wheeling one of them is out of the question for me.

• Quote from "SLINKY"

great topic, when you have brand X, you go first. test that puddle, find out how deep it is.

:snow_laugh: Sound good. Where were you at paragon! :question:

• This may be a question that the new Board of Directors want to address.

In the past, our policy has been that we are a jeep club, and that regular club ride participants should operate jeep vehicles. We have allowed members to invite guests in non-jeep vehicles, as long as 1) it is not a "member's only" ride; 2) the vehicle is properly equipped; and 3) the invitation is approved in advance by the Trail Boss or the DeJA trip leader for that ride. We do not have an "open invitation" for all non-jeep vehicles to join at will.

We have had join rides with delaware4wd and had a number of mixed groups, but these are always by arrangement.

Of course, this applies only to DeJA-sponsored trail rides. Members are free to set up non-DeJA rides (like the recent NJ ride) that may include any vehicle types.

Hope this helps...

Andrew

• Quote from "DrJ"

DeJA Trail rides are seldom limited to members. I don't recall a DeJA only ride in my time at DeJA (maybe the DeJA Chicks' ride was?).

Our first weekend ride to Rausch Creek in April 2003 (I think) was member's only. Our groups at Jack Frost/Big Boulder for the Poconos Jeep Jamboree pre-runs have also been member's only, primarily due to space limitations. I think all other rides have been open to members and guests.

• Check the History off Land Rover. The first few built were on old military US Jeep frames. Land Rover started because two brothers in England had old US jeep on there farm and the body's rusted out. So they built new body's and other farmer liked what they saw.

• hey I got no problem with the Jeep only rides. Afterall this is a jeep club. I will continue to look at the boards and keep an eye out for NON Deja approved rides. so you may see me from time to time.

Michael Slotwinski (SLINKY)
    1993 Chevy Suburban 1500 4x4
    http://www.firststatecorvairclub.com
    1999 Powerwheels Babrie Jeep Currently driven by my daughter
    Hey you were at the WalMart Speed Bump Climb in 1999? you were the one with the winch, right?

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!