xj front end

• Are the axel shafts the same on a xj and a tj .

85 cj7 4" suspension 1" body lift on 33X13.50 swampers , Ford 9" / arb , t18 trans , dana 300 t case , and a efi 5.0 from a 93 gt . ( soon to have dana 44 and arb in the front )

• Quote from "85cj7"

Are the axel shafts the same on a xj and a tj .

Depends on the year. I think '92 thru 99 are the same. Older ones might have the Vac. Disconnect (Two Piece Passenger side). Either 00 or 01 went back to Low Pinion, but they'll fit a TJ as well.

You'll also want to double check the joints. Some older axles will have the smaller 260 u-joint. It'll fit, but it's weaker.

HTH

Joe

• If thats a question I believe the answer is yes their the same, their both D30's

02&#39; F250 SD w/ 285&#39;s and 17x9 1079&#39;s<br />99&#39; XJ w/ 8&quot; and 35&#39;s - GONE!<br /><br />I miss wheeling! :(

• what do you know...you dont even own a jeep :idiot: :safeyet

Kidding joe...had to do it

• I want to get away from the vac disconnect . Can I use the inner shaft from a tj , and put a plate over the vac . disconnect hole , then put manual hubs on it .

85 cj7 4&quot; suspension 1&quot; body lift on 33X13.50 swampers , Ford 9&quot; / arb , t18 trans , dana 300 t case , and a efi 5.0 from a 93 gt . ( soon to have dana 44 and arb in the front )

• Quote from "85cj7"

I want to get away from the vac disconnect . Can I use the inner shaft from a tj , and put a plate over the vac . disconnect hole , then put manual hubs on it .

You can put the TJ shaft in and plate off the vac. But the manual hubs on a YJ/TJ/XJ D30 aint gonna happen without some trick custom stuff or a hub conversion kit.

For what you would dump into the hub conversion you might want to just go with a D44 for the front.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!