Wrenchfest (Motor)

• today we worked on the swap for about 5 hours and made things about 2 days of more work. We got all the trany bolt off but the top bolt right behind the valve cover. From the beginning the bolt was stripped so we tried everything, welding a wrench to the bold, wending a socket to a metal, bent rod(to fit the okword angles), tried everything. So sun we are going to bolt the trany back up and drop the whole unit. The trany, engine, and transfer case. Alot of work ahead! if anyone has any other ideas, post, thanks

• Are we still on for tomorrow

85 cj7 4" suspension 1" body lift on 33X13.50 swampers , Ford 9" / arb , t18 trans , dana 300 t case , and a efi 5.0 from a 93 gt . ( soon to have dana 44 and arb in the front )

• to pick the parts yes but to work on the motor no, CapeRed is busy for sat but said we can still come over and get the parts off the 91. Yo yes. What time do you want me to meet you there?

• I will be their at 10

85 cj7 4" suspension 1" body lift on 33X13.50 swampers , Ford 9" / arb , t18 trans , dana 300 t case , and a efi 5.0 from a 93 gt . ( soon to have dana 44 and arb in the front )

• How is the swap going .

• We got both of the motors out. The blue xj's motor was hard because the top trany bolt was dtripped so we had to put all the trany bolt back together and slid the whole trany/engine/transfer case all out at the same time. All out of the front of the xj.

• just keeping informed- Just about done with rebuilding the motor. I Bought new exhaust from dinomax and new headers for the motor. We should finush rebuilding it tomorrow and start putting it back in by the weekend.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!