Satelite Antenna Placement

• I searched the forum trying to find an answer before starting a new thread. Where have you TJ owners mounted your satelite radio antenna?

I was think the hood since it was really the only flat area on the Jeep. Suggestions would be great

Thanks

• mine is on the rollbar just before the windsheild. works great

had it under the rollbar padding at one time and it worked 90 percent of the time...now i get 95 percent

• Mine is on the cowl right in front of me. I put it close to the seam and ran the cable down the seam, into the seam for the windshield bracket and into the window. No firewall issues and it works great! Stop by I'll show you...it took 2 minutes to run the cable and it is staying put perfectly. I wrapped the slack around the hinge, but it probably should be inside, I'll fix it someday.

DrJ

• DrJ wrote:

Mine is on the cowl right in front of me. I put it close to the seam and ran the cable down the seam, into the seam for the windshield bracket and into the window. No firewall issues and it works great!

Cool, thanks!!!

Where did you find to be the best place to put the head unit?
    I have the little one.

• I have the XACT Visor with a windshield mount. It is behind my DeJA member sticker, far bottom left windshield...but I'm left handed, so that's a perfect place for me...maybe not a right handed person. I pulled the fusebox cover off and stuffed all the extra cable in there, and ran the wires inside the dash at far left up to the bottom left corner of the windshield. Only about 3" of cable shows because the connectors are on the left side too.

DrJ

• I have the Sirius radio from the factory and I guess it works through the stik antenna on the passenger side. I don't know of any other ones on the jeep. Maybe a factory antenna?

• I have my sirius antenna centered in the middle of my hood close to my vents. It blends in real nice with the rubber pieces and looks real natural. This way someone is less likely to mess with it. I didn't want mine anywhere near the edge for some kid to be able to reach it. At least this way, if someone wants to grab it they are going to have to be pretty tall or have to climb up to get to it. This was the only place I found that it doesn't stick out like a sore thumb.

• Quote from "DrJ"

Mine is on the cowl right in front of me. I put it close to the seam and ran the cable down the seam, into the seam for the windshield bracket and into the window. No firewall issues and it works great! Stop by I'll show you...it took 2 minutes to run the cable and it is staying put perfectly. I wrapped the slack around the hinge, but it probably should be inside, I'll fix it someday.

DrJ

The picture here doesn't work, was wondering if you had the current picture so I can get a better idea of placement.

• i made a mount for mine - it sticks to a piece of steel that is mounted to one of those maglite mounts. i positioned it at the right bar above the passenger seat and ran the wire down inside the insulation near the passenger seatbelt. it works great there and even kept the signal 90% of the time in the woods at RC. erica brought up a good point though - the drivers side would be best for getting a clear signal of the sky when on the road. i may move it to that side when i permanently mount the receiver above the rear-view mirror.
    chris

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!