Has anyone ever used this

• I put the antenna on my arb bar in the front. it doesn't get knocked off by branches and it was a good height indicator. :smile:

• Quote from "Wolverine"

I'm looking for another CB for my truck so I can talk while caravaning up somewhere. I saw this and it looks pretty versatile.
    http://www.4x4rockshop.com/scr…dView.asp?idproduct=10630

Interested in opinions.

Also where would I mount an antenae on my truck that wouldn't look Redneckish.

Brian,
    I was looking at the same one.. i looks pretty good.. I think my wife saw it thru amazon.com cheaper.. if i find it ill post the link up...

• if i recall correctly that CB can be used as a stand alone handheld. you could use a rubber ducky style on the unit itself and not use one on the truck at all. that will limit range but should be well within what is needed for caravan/trail ride use

• I don't know anything about that CB radio, but I can tell you what I did with the antenna. I have a mount on the cab end of the pickup bed. For every day use, I have a shorty (24 in or so) flexible antenna that doesn't go above the roofline. It gets pretty good reception considering its size. For trail rides, I swap in a 4 ft rigid Firestik, which gets great reception.

If I were to do it again, I'd probably place the mount on the passenger side rather than driverside (fewer electons through the brain), but otherwise it works pretty well.

I had it all set up by Bob at Chadds Ford Electronics on Rt. 202 a little north of Painter's Crossing.

• I think that hting is pretty sweet. You can always put an antenna on the top roof ot he truck, with a mag mount, or you can put a antenna on the hood of the truck...like where it lifts up...I don't know if they make them for Ram though.

I think it looks sweet with 2 CB antenna's on a pickup....but I guess thats me....im from Middletown.

• I'm actually a radio communications/navigation technician, and IMO it looks ok, but I would just be careful about which antenna that you pair it up with. I also would not use it as a daily thing. One plus is staion memory which the user sets, one of my favorite things. I also like the fact that you can hook the cb up to you and use 6 "AA" batteries with it and transmit over a belt attachable antenna. The CB output is about 3.5 - 4watts which will transmit about 7-10 miles (4 watts outputt is the FCC Legal limit on CBs). If the tansmission length is long enough for you, then It would probably be a great investment. I just found it for $82.99 http://www.pricegrabber.com/se…3141417/search=Midland+CB

Government is the great fiction, through which everybody endeavors to live at the expense of everybody else.<br />-Frederic Bastiat

• Quote from "TheMistaken"

I'm actually a radio communications/navigation technician, and IMO it looks ok, but I would just be careful about which antenna that you pair it up with. I also would not use it as a daily thing. One plus is staion memory which the user sets, one of my favorite things. I also like the fact that you can hook the cb up to you and use 6 "AA" batteries with it and transmit over a belt attachable antenna. The CB output is about 3.5 - 4watts which will transmit about 7-10 miles (4 watts outputt is the FCC Legal limit on CBs). If the tansmission length is long enough for you, then It would probably be a great investment. I just found it for $82.99 http://www.pricegrabber.com/se…3141417/search=Midland+CB

Cool, thanx ed. thats the kind of review i was looking for.
    i found it on amzon for like 2 bucks more but free shipping.
    http://www.amazon.com/gp/produ…-3111018?%5Fencoding=UTF8

is your avatar from up at Paragon?
    Rob

• I ment to say that if the fact that you can take it out of the truck and walk around using it while it is attached to your belt isn't why you were getting it, I would recommend a Cobra® Compact Remote-Mount CB Radio. That is what I have had for the longest time and I absolutley love it. I do not have to deal with the base or anything, just the hand-mic. Here is a link to it if you're interested http://www.radioshack.com/prod…2032070&parentPage=family

If you have any questions that I could help with feel free to pm me

Government is the great fiction, through which everybody endeavors to live at the expense of everybody else.<br />-Frederic Bastiat

• I have that now...i like it and all...but the things is with this one you have to wire it in. You could make something up with a cigrarette lighter, but its prolly not the best idea.

The one that is the "subject of review" appears to have a cigearette lighter and you really don't have to really wire it into anything.

Would you guys agree?

That is why I would buy the subject cb radio, and not the Cobra 75wtsx

• I would agree from that stand point. Thats why I said that if taking it out and walking around using it is what you're looking for then it is a great radio...

• I don't feel the need to have a CB on me while walking the trails and spotting. And I do a lot ot trail walking and spotting.

I actually did at the beginning - I had a portable handheld - and it was more of a pain to have it than not.

I'd suggest getting a built in for the pickup, and leave it at that.

• Thanks for your opinions guys. I guess the more I think about it. It would be nice to just buy the Cobra 75 Wtsx reciever box, I already have one in my jeep so if I could buy just the small reciever box I could just move the radio from jeep to truck for the ride up.
    Does anyone know if you can buy just the reciever?
    :question: :question:

Former V.P. (2006-2007)
    V.P. of Jeeps for Joy (2004-2010)
    President of Jeeps for Joy (2010-2012)
    Beater Build Winning Driver (2009)

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!